Is Ameripath Doomed in HCA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathstudent

Sound Kapital
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard rumors that ameripath is being forced out at all HCA hospitals due to their inability to cooperate with HCA changes and that the TC service they provide will be insourced or sent elsewhere. Given Ameripath's heavy presence iN HCA will Ameripath survive?

Members don't see this ad.

Quest progressively degraded Ameripath's ability to capably provide hospital pathology services
to their hospital lab medical directors after they acquired ameripath. That was one of the reasons I retired ~4 years ago. When I left, in accordance with my recommendation to the hospital board, they lost my hospital(23 yrs as lab medical director). I would not be at all surprised if they have, by now, completely failed in this particular niche. Quest does some things well but hospital oriented surgical pathology sure ain't one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
hospitals see everyone else making money off pathologists and figured out they could too. Private practices of hospital based physicians will continue to decline to near extinction.

Last edited: