Is an application submitted within the next few days already somewhat late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentperson

Reaction score
I was once told anytime before August is considered early enough, but seeing that others here on SDN are already getting interviews, I'm a bit worried about whether I am already considered behind by not having my application in yet. Should I be trying to get my application in immediately at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you should always try to get your application in as soon as possible. You would not be doing yourself a favor by waiting longer than necessary. That being said, I wouldn't consider it late quite yet. If you have a competitive and well-rounded application, you'll be just fine turning it in relatively soon. Late July and August is approaching too late, especially if you have to wait for verification. It also depends on the school, some review applications right away, some don't start reviewing until after July. Obviously there's a chance to get in even if you apply late, but it certainly doesn't help you in any way.

Like was said you aren't late yet but you are approaching no longer early. There are a few schools that have started offering interviews but based on the interview threads from the last couple of years most schools won't start offering until the end of July to about the end of August for their first round of interviews. Thus if you want to be considered for this first major batch of interviews you need to be submitted and verified by early August which means submitted by the 3rd week of the July.