Is anyone else having trouble with AACOMAS receiving your transcripts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BasedMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
They gave me the wrong address so I ended up sending transcripts to the wrong address (nightmarish). Now, I quickly expressed everything to their address and they still haven't received them. It's so frustrating because I had to send them a lot of transcripts, which are pretty expensive, and they had no way of telling me if they lost the transcripts or what. My transcripts should have arrived by now, but they have no way of telling me if they have aside from "wait 5-7 days and hope for the best".

They also told me the only way around sending it by mail is to have my schools fax information that I sent transcripts, but they never arrived, and fax the transcripts with that. The issue is that my schools forbid sending faxed official transcripts (I don't get it). They also don't accept transcripts by email, and because transcripts are sent in envelopes I can't get tracking numbers.

Is anyone else having trouble with AACOMAS receiving your transcripts? I'm at the point where I'm not even sure if I'll be able to apply (this is after already submitting my application to the schools I want to and completing it) to DOs because of this transcript debacle.

Members don't see this ad.

They gave me the wrong address so I ended up sending transcripts to the wrong address (nightmarish). Now, I quickly expressed everything to their address and they still haven't received them. It's so frustrating because I had to send them a lot of transcripts, which are pretty expensive, and they had no way of telling me if they lost the transcripts or what. My transcripts should have arrived by now, but they have no way of telling me if they have aside from "wait 5-7 days and hope for the best".

They also told me the only way around sending it by mail is to have my schools fax information that I sent transcripts, but they never arrived, and fax the transcripts with that. The issue is that my schools forbid sending faxed official transcripts (I don't get it). They also don't accept transcripts by email, and because transcripts are sent in envelopes I can't get tracking numbers.

Is anyone else having trouble with AACOMAS receiving your transcripts? I'm at the point where I'm not even sure if I'll be able to apply (this is after already submitting my application to the schools I want to and completing it) to DOs because of this transcript debacle.

You didnt say how long ago you expressed them. Also, it's May. You're being neurotic if you're thinking you may not be able to apply to DO schools because AACOMAS hasn't received your transcripts yet.

Last year, they took a while for me. I was complete in July. I was accepted. Relax, takea deep breath, it'll all be okay...or it wont.

You didnt say how long ago you expressed them. Also, it's May. You're being neurotic if you're thinking you may not be able to apply to DO schools because AACOMAS hasn't received your transcripts yet.

Last year, they took a while for me. I was complete in July. I was accepted. Relax, takea deep breath, it'll all be okay...or it wont.

Thank you. I resent them last uhhh wednesday. This was after 3 weeks of them telling me "wait 14 business then check back" and I realized the address I sent them to was wrong. These transcripts are getting pretty expensive (probably in over $100 on transcripts from this =/), and I'm just frustrated since AMCAS received everything with no issue, and I want to make sure everything is in on time.

How late is too late to apply to DOs if I'm a competitive applicant?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question, how did they give you the wrong address? I used the address that was written on the Transcript Request Form that the system gives you and I am still waiting on my transcript to be received (it hasn't been 5 business days yet). Is there a different place on the website that we are supposed to get the address from?

The help document had an address from last year on it that I used that was incorrect. Use the arsenal street address for everything or the P.O. Box 9137 (iirc that's the right number). Both are in watertown, MA. If there's anything in DC (most transcript request websites still have that for aacomas) don't use that.

Reactions: 1 user
That's the neurotic pre-med side getting better of you.
Be careful to read and reread. You don't want to mess up the application cycle because you read something wrong or you did something prematurely.
Make sure you don't pre-write secondaries and copy/paste without reading the new prompts.

That's the neurotic pre-med side getting better of you.
Be careful to read and reread. You don't want to mess up the application cycle because you read something wrong or you did something prematurely.
Make sure you don't pre-write secondaries and copy/paste without reading the new prompts.

For sure. Thanks.

I'm experiencing the same thing. I am still waiting on them to receive a transcript that was sent way back on the 11th. It was two, but I finally got confirmation for the second one today. That made me think they are just taking forever. AAMC had everything in no time flat.

Luckily, they got the expensive ones already. I had 8 to send. :(

I'm experiencing the same thing. I am still waiting on them to receive a transcript that was sent way back on the 11th. It was two, but I finally got confirmation for the second one today. That made me think they are just taking forever. AAMC had everything in no time flat.

Luckily, they got the expensive ones already. I had 8 to send. :(

Yea, there's a new company in charge of handling AACOMAS apps/transcripts/support and they don't seem to know what they're doing =/.

How do you check the status of your transcripts? I can't seem to find it on the new website.

How do you check the status of your transcripts? I can't seem to find it on the new website.

Log in. hit manage programs, then program status. Click blue circle with i in awaiting materials under each of the schools and scroll through the boxes.

Just wanted to give you guys an update. AACOMAS finally received the transcript that was sent to them 18 days ago. I had to e-mail them. They believe that the delay was due to my school not being in their computer system. After the email they were able to locate my transcript and update my account. All is well in the world again.