is anyone else sick of studying???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

safrat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The past two weeks have been awful for me as far as studying goes. I've reviewed everything and repeated all my exams. I've been somewhat consistent in studying. Now, I'm going to memorize some more stuff and do all the aamc tests over again.

I feel like a sloth, cause of my lack of studying. It's just that I've been studying well for about 3 months, and now I'm just kind of away from my flow. When I try to do exams, my brain is just rejecting it. So it's not just my motivation that's shot, it's also my brain. Anyone else feels the same way?

Members don't see this ad.

I've really slowed down on my studying too... It's really killed my confidence. I started gung-ho in May. I started taking weekly practice tests at the end of June. Then, three weeks ago, it stopped. I've come back to studying this week--but not at the same pace... it seems as I get closer, as things get more urgent, I'm slowing down more! I bought AAMC 7 and I'm taking it in the morning... tonight, I'm going to do a light review... flashcards and flipping through my books.

If I make less then 30 tomorrow, I don't know where I'll find energy to pick it back up for one more week.

I wish you luck, do the same for me!

I always had the feeling like I wasn't doing enough. But my final score left no regrets. I made my last week purposefully relaxed and mainly focused on preparing the report that was worth 1/4 of my biochem grade and due the Friday after the MCAT, a report I had not even begun.

I agree, my studying has been slowing down and also my mind has been rejecting tests that I take. This hasn't really scathed my confidence, as I learned that if I take a day off or two and come back to the material later, my brain is ready to go and I can attack it really well. I suggest take a day or two off and come back. I know it seems exactly the opposite of what you should do, but in the long run I think it will be more beneficial for your mind AND your spirit! Good luck next Saturday!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's tapering, like in athletic training. It's a good thing. It is totally understandable to be fully sick of this test and subject matter... hell, I'm still sick of studying, and my studying finished on April 16th :laugh: The idea of picking up any MCAT-related material still makes me want to gag. You'll be sick of this crap for a long time to come, but the great part is, you don't ever have to do it again if you don't want to, and you'll never need physics or organic again once this test is over. So just push on through knowing that in a week and one day, you will be freeeeee!

Forget getting sick of it, I've gone crazy enough to love the abuse now!!! :D

I'm also tired of having no life. Between MCAT studying and my summer organic chem class i've barely seen my gf or any friend for that matter.

Sooo sick. After taking my last full length today I've resolved to not do any more practice passages or anything like that, just reading for overall comprehension and touching up weak areas this week I think.

that's probably a good idea. I'm going to brush up on organic Sunday and Monday since my final is on Tuesday. After that i'm never lookingat orgaqnic again...and if i get a single question wrong on the MCAT i'm going to kill myself. Otherwise i'm just reviewing some things in physics and maybe genetics since people are predicting there will be a lot of that on the test.

thanks for the responses; it makes me not feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I'm going to take a 2-3 day break before the mcat to just freshen up. Right now, just going to review over bio mainly. Then, I'll do one day review of organic and physics. Man, thank God the chem is all in place. I'm going to wing the writing section on the day of the mcat. It's bullshizit anyways. Good luck to all!!!!!

wriiiiting???? yikes i need to review that stuff, i hate having to do a timed writing test!

in the back of my mind i knew that my college library (where i ALWAYS study) would be closed this weekend. but when i woke up this morning i tried to pretend surprised as i checked the website hours. oops i guess i have to take today off. :thumbup: i think i'll sit outside get a tan, go for a run, make some wonderful dinner and drink some wine. and maybe think about some philosophical issues that may come up on the writing section essays.

brynn, i decided to take today off too. i'm so burnt out! i'm hoping that taking today off will make me refreshed to review everything the rest of the week.

I hope you guys realize that a person who rises above this feeling will get 35+. This is the point where most people relax and kind of give in. You have to fight the temptation that you have done enough and go back to studying.
I did well but I kind of regret not pushing myself further and getting extra 2 or 3 points. Take 15 minutes of break then study!!!!

Tell yourself that you will suck up another week of hell and it is all over. YOU DO NOT WANT TO REPEAT THIS AGAIN, do you?

i'm taking part of tomorrow off and all of monday off to study for my organic chem final but hopefully that studying will aid me on the MCAT too