Is applying by October too late for DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Last Reclaimer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application will be submitted by next week, just no mcat yet.
I may take the MCAT in September, applying by October. Is that too late for DO schools?
CGPA: 3.72
SGPA: 3.55
Good letters of Rec, good Personal Statement, good extracurriculars.

I know this is very brief but I am just trying to get an idea. Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

Given the circumstances with COVID-19, it should be fine but this is just speculation on my part.

Reactions: 1 user
Afaik, October is okay, but by then a lot of people have had interviews and seats have been filled.

Members don't see this ad :)
I may take the MCAT in September, applying by October. Is that too late for DO schools?

I submitted my primaries first week of November, received all secondaries back and 7/10 interview invites.

Reactions: 1 users

Not late at all!

Reactions: 2 users
Its not optimal but certainly not too late. Applying in october with a sub-par app isnt a good idea but with a 505+ MCAT you should be good to go for all DO schools applying in october. I applied right when AACOMAS opened back in 2017 but my app was sub-par and I knew I needed a leg up. Your app looks great so far for DO

Do well on your MCAT and you will have a killer DO app. October is not late, as stated above. Best of luck to you!!!

Its not optimal but certainly not too late. Applying in october with a sub-par app isnt a good idea but with a 505+ MCAT you should be good to go for all DO schools applying in october. I applied right when AACOMAS opened back in 2017 but my app was sub-par and I knew I needed a leg up. Your app looks great so far for DO
Thanks for your feedback!

I submitted my primaries first week of November, received all secondaries back and 7/10 interview invites.

Hi! Congrats on your acceptance! Do you mind sharing what your stats were? I'm going to be complete for a lot of places in in October and was worried I am too late. What schools did you feel like were OOS friendly?