Is applying by October too late for DO schools?

The Last Reclaimer

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2018
    My application will be submitted by next week, just no mcat yet.
    I may take the MCAT in September, applying by October. Is that too late for DO schools?
    CGPA: 3.72
    SGPA: 3.55
    Good letters of Rec, good Personal Statement, good extracurriculars.

I know this is very brief but I am just trying to get an idea. Thank you all.

About the Ads

zNoodlez

Handmade Noodle
    Feb 19, 2020
    Chinatown - Narnia
    1. Medical Student (Accepted)
      I may take the MCAT in September, applying by October. Is that too late for DO schools?

I submitted my primaries first week of November, received all secondaries back and 7/10 interview invites.

Reactions: 1 users

Goro

10+ Year Member
      Verified Expert
      Silver Member
      Gold Member
      Jun 11, 2010
      Somewhere west of St. Louis
      1. Non-Student

Not late at all!

Reactions: 2 users

Deecee2DO

Medical Student
        5+ Year Member
        Mar 28, 2015
        New Jersey
        1. Medical Student
          Its not optimal but certainly not too late. Applying in october with a sub-par app isnt a good idea but with a 505+ MCAT you should be good to go for all DO schools applying in october. I applied right when AACOMAS opened back in 2017 but my app was sub-par and I knew I needed a leg up. Your app looks great so far for DO

Reactions: 1 user

Doktor_dud3

Moderator Emeritus
          2+ Year Member
          Verified Expert
          Jan 30, 2017
          North Carolina
          1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

Do well on your MCAT and you will have a killer DO app. October is not late, as stated above. Best of luck to you!!!

The Last Reclaimer

2+ Year Member
            Sep 8, 2018
              Its not optimal but certainly not too late. Applying in october with a sub-par app isnt a good idea but with a 505+ MCAT you should be good to go for all DO schools applying in october. I applied right when AACOMAS opened back in 2017 but my app was sub-par and I knew I needed a leg up. Your app looks great so far for DO
              Thanks for your feedback!

futuredoctorinshallah2024

2+ Year Member
              Feb 18, 2018
              1. Pre-Medical
                I submitted my primaries first week of November, received all secondaries back and 7/10 interview invites.

Hi! Congrats on your acceptance! Do you mind sharing what your stats were? I'm going to be complete for a lot of places in in October and was worried I am too late. What schools did you feel like were OOS friendly?

Reactions: 1 user
                About the Ads
                This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.