Is awards/honors a necessary section on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hommefatale

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Working on planning AMCAS right now, and I'm wondering if Awards/Honors HAS to be one of my 15 activities? My awards/honors are pretty weak, and I feel like my other activities reflect much more who I am (+ some of these awards are travel scholarships, which I've made into activities in and of themselves). The other awards would be random scholarships I've gotten, and things like Dean's Lists/Distinguishes Scholars. Are these a necessary thing to have on my AMCAS as a box check? Would it be a red flag if I just did not put these Awards/Honors down and have it replaced with another activity that I spent much more time and energy on?
 
Hi! Working on planning AMCAS right now, and I'm wondering if Awards/Honors HAS to be one of my 15 activities? My awards/honors are pretty weak, and I feel like my other activities reflect much more who I am (+ some of these awards are travel scholarships, which I've made into activities in and of themselves). The other awards would be random scholarships I've gotten, and things like Dean's Lists/Distinguishes Scholars. Are these a necessary thing to have on my AMCAS as a box check? Would it be a red flag if I just did not put these Awards/Honors down and have it replaced with another activity that I spent much more time and energy on?
You don’t have to use it for one of your 15 spots
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad