Is Cimetidine even dispense anymore?

Started by SHC1984
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The University of Georgia or wherever she goes to school best have gone down a rank or 2 because of this thread.


Edit: Or lost their accredited status.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can order 100 bottles right now. :meanie:

That's really werid then...NOT sure why they would think it's expensive.

The University of Georgia or wherever she goes to school best have gone down a rank or 2 because of this thread.


Edit: Or lost their accredited status.

My preceptor's boss (someone thats been a pharmacist for a very long time and makes a sh*tload of money) Suggested that we use Cimetidine cuz it's cheaper. I am just following her directions. She is a director and makes TONS of $$$ so she would know much more than some pre-pharmer like you. :laugh:
 
My preceptor's boss (someone thats been a pharmacist for a very long time and makes a sh*tload of money) Suggested that we use Cimetidine cuz it's cheaper. I am just following her directions. She is a director and makes TONS of $$$ so she would know much more than some pre-pharmer like you. :laugh:

Oh sweety they were not making fun of your preceptor...
 
Oh sweety they were not making fun of your preceptor...

It was my preceptor's idea to use Cimetidine in patients not mine. I was just following her directions. She is sticking to using Cimetidine in patients over 5yo. Ranitidine is no longer covered in children over 5yo. Only covered in children under 5yo now.

Not sure why this is still a big debate. 😕 Well, it's from a pre-pharmer, so why do I care? LOL...

Yes, Cimetidine has more side effects, but if the child isn't on any other drug and using Cimetidine will save money then it's a great idea. More MONEY in my precepor's pockets. It's a great idea. I guess stupid haters will always hate. Well, smart people get rich so that's what matters.
 
It was her idea to use Cimetidine in patients not mine. I was just following her directions. She is sticking to using Cimetidines in patients over 5yo. Ranitidine is no longer covered in children over 5yo. Only covered in children under 5yo now.

Not sure why this is still a big debate. 😕 Well, it's from a pre-pharmer, so why do I care?

Your preceptor mention anything about thalidomide being good for pregnancy induced morning sickness?
 
Your preceptor mention anything about thalidomide being good for pregnancy induced morning sickness?

LOL...NO. We usually only care about children as that's the majority of our patients.
 
It was my preceptor's idea to use Cimetidine in patients not mine. I was just following her directions. She is sticking to using Cimetidine in patients over 5yo. Ranitidine is no longer covered in children over 5yo. Only covered in children under 5yo now.

Not sure why this is still a big debate. 😕 Well, it's from a pre-pharmer, so why do I care? LOL...

Yes, Cimetidine has more side effects, but if the child isn't on any other drug and using Cimetidine will save money then it's a great idea. More MONEY in my precepor's pockets. It's a great idea. I guess stupid haters will always hate. Well, smart people get rich so that's what matters.

LOL...NO. We usually only care about children as that's the majority of our patients.

I guess your definition of "care" is operating a business to maximize profits where your clientele are majority underage.

My definition of "care" is treating in the best interest of my patients.

If you didn't pick up the major themes as discussed in this thread about why people (physicians, pharmacists, parents) should be concern about cimetidine, then I feel sorry for future physicians whom you will interact with over the phone when you make drug recommendations. Your lack of clinical acumen is truly scary and will one day seriously harm someone

(god help you if you ever try to convince a pediatrician why cimetidine is perfectly appropriate and acceptable substitute for ranitidine or famotidine for a kid with reflux disease ... "my preceptor will be making $$$" won't be taken too kindly as a valid rationale)


In regards to your earlier statements that patients would rather pay $15 than wait 2 weeks - have you not yet have arguments with certain clients who argue over their $1 copay (they have "insurance", it should be free)? - or received a phone call from a doctor at 2AM because a mother paged the answering service requesting a stat prescription for children's benadryl or infant tylenol (because going to the pharmacy and purchasing said OTC products would actually require spending cash)
 
or received a phone call from a doctor at 2AM because a mother paged the answering service requesting a stat prescription for children's benadryl or infant tylenol (because going to the pharmacy and purchasing said OTC products would actually require spending cash)

A little part of me dies inside every time I suspect this is occurring. Still not as much as when xopenex or rozerem goes out the door 🙄
 
This thread has made be question if maybe English is her third (?) language.

I speak 4 languages. Nice try.

What's amazing is that you looked up a thread that was over a month ago with a decision already made by the company (Cimetidine still first choice for children over 5yo THE END. No more discussion. It's OVER.) to talk about my English. What else do you do? Count sheeps on Saturday nights?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad