Medical Is consideration for the following year possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview with My SMPs attached Med school and I know a lot of people involved in admission well and it’s my dream school but my mom died in August and I’ve been struggling to keep it together trying to stop my cycle from falling apart. (They also know what’s going on). I’m a second time applicant already. I know that the class is almost full and the thought of having to reapply a third time is just adding to the stress. Have you ever heard of someone post interview, pre-decision requesting to be considered for the following year?

Also, it’s a school that releases decisions in two waves. The first I missed due to transcript being lost from AMCas and the second isn’t for months and the stress is killing me.
Very, very sorry to hear this.

It's best to discuss these plans with the program director.

I don't know about your school, but my SMP barely filled its class, so your program might work with you on this,

In the mean time, do seek help. This is NOT giving medical advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Just for clarification, I am talking about the attached Med school. I have already completed first year of program. Is that what you were referencing. And I’m about to start with help. Thank you for the condolences tho.
You're trying to be accepted into the medical school after completing the SMP at the school, right?

If you get accepted, ask for a LOA. That's what they're for.

BUT, it's all speculative until that A comes in; your best chance for med school will be with this med school, of course. Did you ace the program?

I had a 3.7X but they have a pretty high mcat cut off so not a lot of students but end up getting interviewed in first place. (high ranked Med school). I know Med students who got in with lower stats than me. I’m also a tutor and TA for multiple classes. I also know their class is pretty much full so I will likely be waitlisted. I honestly wish I could just have them hold my interview and evaluate it for next year. But I feel like that may be wishful thinking given how intense and unforgiving this whole getting into Med school thing has been. I have 3 DO acceptances and I’m sure one will be willing to grant me the deferment. I just don’t want to go through the whole process again. Especially considering how I talked about my mom in my first personal statement before she passed (terminal illness that went on for long time) and so I would have to rewrite it all and it would just be miserable. But it is my dream school.

Status
Not open for further replies.