Is Creighton good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bballrules

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Creighton good? I heard you don't need interviews to get in. How do they compare to the rest of the dental schools? What is it like living in Omaha, NE?

Members don't see this ad.

What do you mean "good?"

If you mean name value, Harvard/Columbia/Penn/UCLA/UCSF are probably the only ones with significant name value that is recognized nationally.

Yes!! Of course Creighton is good. They are one of the best schools clinically in the nation. They always rank in top 3 in operative for national boards and consistently rank in the top 10 in overall scores the last 7-9 years. We are probably the only school in the nation to have more patients than we can handle. For that, we have to reject some patients. I know other schools have a hard time finding patients. For example, some of my friends needed extraction requirements. There was a patient coming in with a full mouth extraction and it was done by 3 students because they needed credit. Here, we do so many extractions that by the time you leave, you will be very comfortable. Also, I think we are only(or one of the few schools in the nation) school that let students do implants. As I said before, we don't have any specialties(post doc programs) so if our patients need endo, we do it. Some of my friends have done a total of 2-3 root canals throughout their years in dental school. It's rare to find people who've graduated here have less than 10-15 root canal treatments. As you can see, the things they teach you here will definitely prepare you to work on your own right off the bat after graduation.

Creighton trains general dentists. I'm sure schools like Harvard, UCLA, UCSF and more have a better specialization rate. But if you want to do general dentistry, there is not a better school than Creighton. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true they don't do interviews?

I would say 90% of the people in our class had interviews. The few who didn't probably went to Creighton undergrad. Their pre-dental program is good and they have a lot of guest speakers and stuff so they are very close with the dental school. This is probably why they didn't need interviews. Creighton saves some seat for their undergrads I think. My class had about 10 people who went there already. But Creighton's app process is just like any other school, they want to interview you first before they make a decision.

Is Creighton good? I heard you don't need interviews to get in. How do they compare to the rest of the dental schools? What is it like living in Omaha, NE?

I go to Creighton for undergrad and in order to better answer your question about what it's like to live in Omaha, NE I would have to know where you are from originally..?

But if you want to do general dentistry, there is not a better school than Creighton. Good luck!

I don't know, I think UOP might be able to give Creighton a run for its money. ;)

Yes!! Of course Creighton is good. They are one of the best schools clinically in the nation. They always rank in top 3 in operative for national boards and consistently rank in the top 10 in overall scores the last 7-9 years. We are probably the only school in the nation to have more patients than we can handle. For that, we have to reject some patients. I know other schools have a hard time finding patients. For example, some of my friends needed extraction requirements. There was a patient coming in with a full mouth extraction and it was done by 3 students because they needed credit. Here, we do so many extractions that by the time you leave, you will be very comfortable. Also, I think we are only(or one of the few schools in the nation) school that let students do implants. As I said before, we don't have any specialties(post doc programs) so if our patients need endo, we do it. Some of my friends have done a total of 2-3 root canals throughout their years in dental school. It's rare to find people who've graduated here have less than 10-15 root canal treatments. As you can see, the things they teach you here will definitely prepare you to work on your own right off the bat after graduation.

Creighton trains general dentists. I'm sure schools like Harvard, UCLA, UCSF and more have a better specialization rate. But if you want to do general dentistry, there is not a better school than Creighton. Good luck!

where can I find rankings for national boards?

Creighton has name value.

Of course it does, like the previous posters said, it is one of the best clinical school.

It has name value, just that it's not significant enough to have everyone know about it.

What do you mean "good?"

If you mean name value, Harvard/Columbia/Penn/UCLA/UCSF are probably the only ones with significant name value that is recognized nationally.

Are you referring to name value amongst the dental community or general public? Because i think large private schools like USC and NYU might hold some name value in the eyes of the general public. Thoughts?

Are you referring to name value amongst the dental community or general public? Because i think large private schools like USC and NYU might hold some name value in the eyes of the general public. Thoughts?

yea just go to a school with a good name :rolleyes: