Step I Is dermatitis herpetiformis type 2 or 3?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MudPhud20XX

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So according to FA, the mech of DH is due to the deposits of IgA at tips of dermal papillae. So it does sound like DH is an example of type 2 hypersensitivity, but the FA lecture video just mentioned that DH is an example of type 3 hypersensitivity. If so, how come it's type 3 not 2?
 
I think its immune complexes that deposit which makes it type 3. type 2 would be if antibodies were binding to something that is specifically in the dermal papillae (which is not whats happening)


Do you have RObbins, I think I remember reading Robbins for Celiac disease and it was really clear about everything
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember from Pathoma that deaminated gliadin is presented by APCs via MHC II and Th cells mediate damage. Now, is there a relationship with base excision repair at molecular level? Can anyone help me and clear this ?
 
So according to FA, the mech of DH is due to the deposits of IgA at tips of dermal papillae. So it does sound like DH is an example of type 2 hypersensitivity, but the FA lecture video just mentioned that DH is an example of type 3 hypersensitivity. If so, how come it's type 3 not 2?
Because it's a deposit, not so much the actual action of the antibody against antigens on the dermal papillae. Like @Phloston mentioned, those other disease involve a more direct antibody mediated hypersensitivity to various antigens in the skin.

I remember from Pathoma that deaminated gliadin is presented by APCs via MHC II and Th cells mediate damage. Now, is there a relationship with base excision repair at molecular level? Can anyone help me and clear this ?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you asking if (a problem with) base excision repair causes the gliadin to be deaminated?