Is Ecology BCPM? or natural science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Legend

Super Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any idea?

I took Ecology this semester and I simply hated it. (no offence to ecologists).

Does anyone know if this can qualify as a natural science course even though it is technically a 'bio' course?

Ecology seems like a humanity course to me. No science involved at all.

Members don't see this ad.

Even if there's not much bio in it, there sure is a lot of math (at least in the way my course was taught). That's BCPM.

I put it down as bio.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by pocwana:
•Even if there's not much bio in it, there sure is a lot of math (at least in the way my course was taught). That's BCPM.

I put it down as bio.•••••I wish there was a lot of math. At my school, it was like a kindergarten course. 100% memorization.
Economics involve lots of math and I still had to put them down as social sciences. Also, I know Geology, behavioral science, etc. are not BCPM.

Members don't see this ad :)
what is the subject area that the course is under. for me, it's Organismic Biology, Ecology, and Evolution. It says biology...

Yes, these distinctions are a lot easier if you look at the department the class is taught in and not the actual course title. If it was taught by the biology department, it goes into BCPM.