Is EMT = Clinical Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TFA2MD

Reaction score
@Goro , My kid is taking 2 year gap year and doing TFA. While doing TFA, is also doing EMT. 2 questions to you is
1. Will EMT be considered clinical experience?
2. My kid already has 100 hours of shadowing experience with a cardiologist, Dentist, Gynecologist, they are doctors who are family friends. Is that ok? or should it be with a known program at a hospital?

Members don't see this ad.

EMT work (not just the certification alone) is clinical experience.

That sounds like plenty of shadowing, might try to get in with a PCP but otherwise generally about 50 hrs of physician shadowing (not dentist or other non-physicians) is adequate. It does not have to be through any special program and personal connections are fine.

Reactions: 1 user
As valuable as family support is in this process, your kid would be best served asking these questions and finding resources him or herself.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro , My kid is taking 2 year gap year and doing TFA. While doing TFA, is also doing EMT. 2 questions to you is
1. Will EMT be considered clinical experience?
Yes
2. My kid already has 100 hours of shadowing experience with a cardiologist, Dentist, Gynecologist, they are doctors who are family friends. Is that ok?
very yes
or should it be with a known program at a hospital?
Not needed