is getting practice tests 8 & 9 worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clubescape

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have AAMC tests 3-7. For those who have bought 8 and 9, are they much different from 3-7? Or do you think doing 3-7 should suffice? I'm debating whether or not to spend another $80 bucks. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

clubescape said:
I have AAMC tests 3-7. For those who have bought 8 and 9, are they much different from 3-7? Or do you think doing 3-7 should suffice? I'm debating whether or not to spend another $80 bucks. Thanks!
8 is harder than any of the other aamc tests and i havent taken 9 yet, i think you should buy them

9 is the most recent so i would recommend getting it.. although thats really all i know about it... ive taken it and i really hope the real exam is like it! :laugh: though i cant compare it to 8 since i havent taken it yet!

ilovehedgehogs said:
8 is harder than any of the other aamc tests and i havent taken 9 yet, i think you should buy them

I felt that 7 was the hardest!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've done 8 and 9 and the only thing that stuck out on either of them was the VR on 9 was a collection of the most boring articles I've ever seen (with some exceptions). I concluded that VR is susposed to test your ability to pay attention when you just couldn't care less. :sleep:

I would say you need to see one or more of the last 3 released tests 7,8,9 since the VR seems a bit different in these than the 3R and 5R I took.

I would do as many AAMC practice tests as you can... aka, do ALL of them! Seriously, this is the BEST preparation for the MCAT and certainly worth the $80.

Good luck!

mikejhl said:
i have 8 and 9...i just took them...they arent too bad, but the curve is tight

AGREED! Absolutely NO room for Error. Did I read someone got a 38? That's around 15 wrong on the whole TEST!

I also had to take it without writing on it b/c my Kaplan Center didn't yet have it laminated, so my Verbal sucked. I kept missing easy questions. Oh well.

If you are interested in getting it, the Verbal will certainly prep you for the driest potential reading out there. BS and PS are on par with everything I've done.

gujuDoc said:
Oh and I think 4R has a worse scale then test 8 or 9 but the level of difficulty of 8 is greater then the level of difficulty of 4R. So the 4R scale must be harder because the questions are easier and 8 must have a slightly better scale due to more difficult questions.

I'm debating on getting aamc 9 as well... Those of you who know about it, please keep posting more coments so I can make up my mind. :)

Madcoomofo said:
I'm debating on getting aamc 9 as well... Those of you who know about it, please keep posting more coments so I can make up my mind. :)

I would also like to give my ideas and comments about 9...so if someone wants to send it to me, I can look into it... :) ;)