Is guitar a good EC?

Started by MrJosh9788
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MrJosh9788

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've played now for 10 years, and am in a band. Should I list this under my ECs? Does it look good or does it not really matter?
 
Some schools really like to see musically inclined folk (esp. Tulane). If you are in a band, that is definitely something that takes up part of your time and makes you well you.
 
I would put it down if you could incorporate it into a musical endeavor that was significant. I played in a large school-based band, but elaborated on my other musical activities during my interviews. They seemed to get a chuckle out of some of the stuff I did.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've played now for 10 years, and am in a band. Should I list this under my ECs? Does it look good or does it not really matter?
Yes, you should definitely include it. I included it in my ECs even though I wasn't in a band. But I took Guitar for two semesters in college and was in the concert choir too, which I also included in my ECs.