Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was at a local path society meeting last week and learned that medicare gutted flow cytometry recently, reducing payment for professional component 70% in one year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine that you are getting $100 in 2004 for reading a panel and the next year you are getting $30. Where the **** in america do people take 70% pay cuts and stand for it? Would a nurse keep working if you cut her pay 70%?
Then also the tech comp was slashed, but they said that was a bigger deal to the reference labs (who were making millions upon millions of dollars doing flows).
Obviously Heme-path is still a necessity, but if it isn't making any money, is it still going to be attractive to groups to have heme trained people to read flows, or will they just let the US labs do it?
I have the chance to do GI/Cyto or Heme before DP and so need to decide soon. Don't tell me to do what interests me most. I can be interested in any of them. I want to do what makes the most sense for the future.
Then also the tech comp was slashed, but they said that was a bigger deal to the reference labs (who were making millions upon millions of dollars doing flows).
Obviously Heme-path is still a necessity, but if it isn't making any money, is it still going to be attractive to groups to have heme trained people to read flows, or will they just let the US labs do it?
I have the chance to do GI/Cyto or Heme before DP and so need to decide soon. Don't tell me to do what interests me most. I can be interested in any of them. I want to do what makes the most sense for the future.