Is hospice volunteering considered clinical or non clinical?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShyGuy0082

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Happy New Year!!!
Just as the title suggest, is hospice clinical or non clinical? My daughter already vulunteers at the hospital and she’s trying to get into vulunteering in a non-clinical setting. She’s scheduled for the interview at the hospice tomorrow. Can a hospice be non-clinical experience?

Thank you all in a advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

Happy New Year!!!
Just as the title suggest, is hospice clinical or non clinical? My daughter already vulunteers at the hospital and she’s trying to get into vulunteering in a non-clinical setting. She’s scheduled for the interview at the hospice tomorrow. Can a hospice be non-clinical experience?

Thank you all in a advance.
It depends on her role. Some hospice volunteers clean the house, food shop, prepare meals, and do laundry. This would be considered NonClinical.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on her role. Some hospice volunteers clean the house, food shop, prepare meals, and do laundry. This would be considered NonClinical.

Thank you very much for the explanation. That makes sense.

Would spending time with patients as a “companion” and filling out charts at the end stating whether they seemed in pain or not etc. count as clinical or non-clinical?

Reactions: 1 users
Would spending time with patients as a “companion” and filling out charts at the end stating whether they seemed in pain or not etc. count as clinical or non-clinical?

I want to say that this would be clinical as you're spending actual time with each patient during a visit and noting their condition after to the hospice facility.

Reactions: 2 users
I did hospice volunteer and I listed it as clinical time, just because I visit the patient and help her take medication. I think volunteering in a clinical setting (be it hospice, hospital, psychiatry ward, etc.) should count towards clinical time.

Reactions: 1 user