Is it adviseable to use a recommendation file service for LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thechairman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a couple of questions

How many of you guys use a university recommendation file service to collect your LORs and send them to schools? Do medical schools prefer this option over having the professors send them individually? What did you guys do about sending LORs to school?
I'm debating whether or not to this, because my school requires me to write an essay (1-2 pages) before setting up any kind of account.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Use something like interfolio, then you can send in your LORs long before they are due, and it is much easier to manage whether or not the schools you are applying to have received them.

Yes - I would strongly advise using a service like Interfolio.

I used Interfolio myself last year and it made the process of sending LOR's simple and painless, and you basically know 100% that the school has recieved your letters.

You can send transcripts too - I had my (extremely expensive) transcript from a foreign college sent to Interfolio one time, and then sending copies of my transcripts was simple and inexpensive.

Also you have a 3rd party verification of the fact that you transmitted your letters on time (if this becomes necessary).

Overall an excellent idea and makes life SOOO much easier - a very important thing when every step in the medical school application process is such a pain in the a$$ !!!!

: )