Is it all over where do I go from here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohman

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I got a denial from Drexel today.Drexel was the only interview I got.My GPa 3.2 and Mcat 28.I even did an internship at Drexel .Before the interview{2days ] a strange thing had happened someone from the office of Drexel called maybe a secretary and said that all your private files have been faxed here.My father picked up the phone and asked the lady to shred all the papers.Actually that was the right place.When I went to the interview it appeared that the lady who interviewed me did not know much about me,the interview lasted 10 mins.Is it possible that because of the shredded papers a wrong decision could have been reached.

Members don't see this ad.

which private files were sent by whom to where?

beep said:
which private files were sent by whom to where?
AAMCAS files letters of Recommendation all that go to the admission commitee

Members don't see this ad :)
So reapply next year. There's nothing else you can really do. And no, your rejection wasn't b/c of some wierd shredded papers.

it might be worth a shot to call the dean and ask why you were rejected though.... it may help with your reapplications...

Yes, it sounds like thinking about next year is the thing. I'm sorry to hear you were rejected.

ohman said:
Hi I got a denial from Drexel today.Drexel was the only interview I got.My GPa 3.2 and Mcat 28.I even did an internship at Drexel .Before the interview{2days ] a strange thing had happened someone from the office of Drexel called maybe a secretary and said that all your private files have been faxed here.My father picked up the phone and asked the lady to shred all the papers.Actually that was the right place.When I went to the interview it appeared that the lady who interviewed me did not know much about me,the interview lasted 10 mins.Is it possible that because of the shredded papers a wrong decision could have been reached.

when was your interview?

ohman said:

i'm sure the school still has this info. No school would shred these documents or call your house over these things.

If you're totally serious, you coudl also call Wanda (i think that was her name).. she was super nice and she's the Admissions sectreatry. She'd be able to tell you what info the school still has on you

MD Rapper said:
sorry... the grammar issue and lack of posts led me to my initial conclusion.
for a minute it lookked like a yahoo message board and not educated people like yourselves.

its only over when you give up.....i hope u havent given up yet!!!!!!! If a doctor is truly what you want to become there should be nothing to stop you. period.

sounds like a conspiracy to keep you out of drexel. any idea on who the mole in the admissions office might be? i have a better idea... maybe you forgot to actually apply. that's why they didn't have your records. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
drguy22 said:
its only over when you give up.....i hope u havent given up yet!!!!!!! If a doctor is truly what you want to become there should be nothing to stop you. period.

Even if it means going to NJMS.... HA, cheap shot! I keed, I keed.

To the OP: It's not over. Pull yourself together and start planning for a reapplication.

Art Vandalay said:
sounds like a conspiracy to keep you out of drexel. any idea on who the mole in the admissions office might be? i have a better idea... maybe you forgot to actually apply. that's why they didn't have your records. :smuggrin:

:laugh: that acutally made me laugh. thanks :laugh:

Art Vandalay said:
sounds like a conspiracy to keep you out of drexel. any idea on who the mole in the admissions office might be? i have a better idea... maybe you forgot to actually apply. that's why they didn't have your records. :smuggrin:[/QUOTE
It could be an honest mistake.Do you think the whole system is foulproof.100 correct all the time.

ohman said:

AMCAS doesn't handle letters of rec. it's just an application service.... and information is stored digitally, not through paper copies.

you might want to think about a postbacc (or at least more classes) and/or retaking the mcat.

tinkerbelle said:
:laugh: that acutally made me laugh. thanks :laugh:
Um, I actually think that is pretty inappropriate. Someone is blood-letting here and you find something funny to laugh about.... :mad: sorry, but I can't hold it: :laugh: :laugh:

ohman said:
Art Vandalay said:
sounds like a conspiracy to keep you out of drexel. any idea on who the mole in the admissions office might be? i have a better idea... maybe you forgot to actually apply. that's why they didn't have your records. :smuggrin:[/QUOTE
It could be an honest mistake.Do you think the whole system is foulproof.100 correct all the time.

bro... you're not making much sense.

GuyLaroche said:
Even if it means going to NJMS.... HA, cheap shot! I keed, I keed.

To the OP: It's not over. Pull yourself together and start planning for a reapplication.

i expected that from a person like you. People like you never win. Even if you do make it into a medical school, your gonna suck as a doctor. I suggest that you take that large stick that you have shoved in your ass and shove it in your mouth so that most of the people on this board can be spared from the utter nonsense and BS that comes from it.

ladouche...have you even gotten into a medical school yet? or are you still trying?

drguy22 said:
i expected that from a person like you. People like you never win. Even if you do make it into a medical school, your gonna suck as a doctor. I suggest that you take that large stick that you have shoved in your ass and shove it in your mouth so that most of the people on this board can be spared from the utter nonsense and BS that comes from it.

i think he was totally kidding :p

on a totally random note, why the heck do i know soooo many guys going to njms? it's wierd :D

drguy22 said:
too bad i wasnt.

Lord GuyLaroche: Oh dear! Shall we tell him nothing is up to him, and that he is only a measly, little subject?

Duchess Chantavalle of Cornwall: I do declare he appears to be his own punishment.

*both laugh and sip from their cups*

GuyLaroche said:
Lord GuyLaroche: Oh dear! Shall we tell him nothing is up to him, and that he is only a measly, little subject?

Duchess Chantavalle of Cornwall: I do declare he appears to be his own punishment.

hahahaha..u call yourself LORD...correct me if im wrong...isnt that title reserved for royalty, at least on this planet...or is it that on planet LaDouche its reserved for scum. The latter statment makes more sense.

GuyLaroche said:

all your posts about tea make me want to have a tea party :p

drguy22 said:
hahahaha..u call yourself LORD...correct me if im wrong...isnt that title reserved for royalty, at least on this planet...or is it that on planet LaDouche its reserved for scum. The latter statment makes more sense.

Lord GuyLaroche: This chacter is absolutely hilarious. I haven't laughed this heartily since a child

Duchess of Cornwall: Oh, are you referring to the fool? He is one of the funniest in the royal courts.

Lord GuyLaroche: I do declare you absolutely right.

GuyLaroche said:
Lord GuyLaroche: This chacter is absolutely hilarious. I haven't laughed this heartily since a child

Duchess of Cornwall: Oh, are you referring to the fool? He is one of the funniest in the royal courts.

Lord GuyLaroche: I do declare you absolutely right.

o on the contrary. its you thats the fool...after all the only reason we dont get rid of you is because your our humor *****...we'll use you and then throw ya away. You should feel dirty.

GuyLaroche said:

I just had to comment on that...seriously, hilarious.

drguy22 said:
o on the contrary. its you thats the fool...after all the only reason we dont get rid of you is because your our humor *****...we'll use you and then throw ya away. You should feel dirty.

Duchess of Cornwall: This fool speaks the language of the peasants. What ever happened to joggling and magic tricks.

Lord GuyLaroche: The genius of this fool is that his humor is in attempting not to be a fool but actually one of us.

Duchess: One of us? I do declare that that is terribly, terribly funny

Lord GuyLaroche: My point exactly.

*both laugh*

GuyLaroche said:
Duchess of Cornwall: This fool speaks the language of the peasants. What ever happened to joggling and magic tricks.

Lord GuyLaroche: The genius of this fool is that his humor is in attempting not to be a fool but actually one of us.

Duchess: One of us? I do declare that that is terribly, terribly funny

Lord GuyLaroche: My point exactly.

*both laugh*

*GuyLaroche drops to his knees and prays. Yes! that's right, Prays. He gets Christian in times of deperation* Please, please, please, please UPenn, take me! I am so, so sorry for all my misdeeds. I am so sorry for being so mean in life and for dropping Canadian coins into the blind man's cup. Please, I need to get into UPenn - nevermind that I think you're a silly human invention, God. Please!

yep...but this fools in medical school...are you?

Glad to see that at least sometimes on SDN we can have petty rivalries, off-topic rants, and flaming.

We definitely don't see enough of that around here.

dopaminophile said:
Glad to see that at least sometimes on SDN we can have petty rivalries, off-topic rants, and flaming.

We definitely don't see enough of that around here.

see wasnt it a good idea to make ladouche our *****?

now just lemme know when ur all bored of him..and we can throw him away :laugh: (ignore him)

Classic cocky pre-med bickering.

Reactions: 1 user
GuyLaroche said:

:laugh:! lol. That was the funniest thing I've heard (well, read) in weeks. Still, I'm going to have to side with Drguy on this.

Your stats are a bit below average for DO schools but I'm sure you'd get into one of the schools if the rest of your application was all right.

I know some people balk at the idea, but with a 28/3.2, DOs really are a good (dare I say one of the only?) options. Or else do a one-year post bacc or special masters program and then reapply.

crys20 said:
Your stats are a bit below average for DO schools but I'm sure you'd get into one of the schools if the rest of your application was all right.

I know some people balk at the idea, but with a 28/3.2, DOs really are a good (dare I say one of the only?) options. Or else do a one-year post bacc or special masters program and then reapply.

Now, thats hilarious. Because most DO's have an average MCAT score around 24, I would never even spit on the soil of a DO school. My friend with a 23 went there. Please don't bring my morale down by telling me that I'm meant for DO, My dream is to go to MD and that is were I am going to go.

Thank you

ohman said:
Now, thats hilarious. Because most DO's have an average MCAT score around 24, I would never even spit on the soil of a DO school. My friend with a 23 went there. Please don't bring my morale down by telling me that I'm meant for DO, My dream is to go to MD and that is were I am going to go.

Thank you
You can get an MD from a Carrib school then.

ohman said:

Thank you

my friend..your not going anywhere with that arrogance. I understand that your upset and all, but there is really no need to start to bash DO's because, even though there are few people here that dont like is....but DO's are doctors too.

ohman said:

Thank you

Alright, alright. It's one thing to be arrogant in the interest of levity. It is entirely another matter to be arrogant for no apparent reason. There are many people on SDN who go to DO schools and are just as smart or smarter than you are. Let's not insult them. You started a thread, crying and wailing about how you're at a loss for what to do after being rejected from Drexel (and some would argue, after seeing your last post, rightfully so), and then you end with the most unfounded cockiness that is simply way too much for me to take! And I have a very high threshold!

And what happened to your grammar? It suddenly got fixed overnight. If you're going to troll, you need to do it right.

drguy22 said:
my friend..your not going anywhere with that arrogance. I understand that your upset and all, but there is really no need to start to bash DO's because, even though there are few people here that dont like is....but DO's are doctors too.

I'm sorry for sounding proud, I don't mean to bash DO's-I agree that they are doctors. But I don't like somebody who knows nothing telling me what I CAN do. I am determined to go to MD and don't want to hear any news about DO's or foreign schools.

Thanks

After reading the post that preceded mine, I am sure many of you must feel a pang of disappointment. Let me assure my faithful fans that this is the last time I'll ever agree with the gentleman from NJMS.

GuyLaroche said:
And what happened to your grammar? It suddenly got fixed overnight. If you're going to troll, you need to do it right.

Ya..i agree..take lessons from him. :laugh:

GuyLaroche said:
After reading the post that preceded mine, I am sure many of you must feel a pang of disappointment. Let me assure my faithful fans that this is the last time I'll ever agree with the gentleman from NJMS.
Now we just need to find someone whose opinions are the opposite of drguy's and get Guy to promise never to agree with him... and then Guy won't be able to say anything at all!

Wiggy73 said:
Now we just need to find someone whose opinions are the opposite of drguy's and get Guy to promise never to agree with him... and then Guy won't be able to say anything at all!

:eek: i just read ur MDapp profile.... :eek: ur amazing! lol

Wiggy73 said:
...Guy won't be able to say anything at all!

Wiggy! I would have counted you as an ally. Whose side are you on!