1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is it better to apply early or wait for my grades to be on the transcript?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gobears01, May 13, 2008.

1. gobears01

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I've already taken DAT and ready to apply before June 1st. However, this semester's grade will be on transcript on june 12th and I think I did pretty well. Should I apply early and send the transcript that doesn't have this semester's grade or just wait until june 12th? please give me some advice. Thank you

2. rollredroll

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    12 days vs. boosting your GPA with strong grades? i think you're better off waiting on the grades.

3. realityhigh

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I am in a similar situation right now and was wondering whether I should apply now or wait 2 more months for my summer grades then apply. I currently have a 3.42 gpa and am taking 8 units over the summer. If I do well and get all A's, it will boost my gpa to a 3.51, so I wasn't sure whether it was worth it to wait.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#3 realityhigh, May 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  4. nhasifuture

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I am currently in the same boat. my current GPA is 3.34 and i'm taking 14 quarter units this spring. I'm currently having straight A's this quarter. If i could maintain this till the end of the quarter, my GPA will be 3.42. Should i wait until June 17th for my Spring quarter grades for apply before June? How soon do i have to send my LORs and transcripts after i submit my application? thanks guys

5. OMFS08

OMFS08 Tooth Extractornator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well guys, a good rule of thumb is anything that enables your application to be stronger is worth doing. So it would probably be a good idea to wait. Good luck guys!

6. jigabodo

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    In your case, there is no need to wait since your GPA is already high. Apply as soon as the cycle opens up.

7. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i think you will still be sent out in the first wave regardless, so you should wait a bit.

8. DrSphinx

DrSphinx Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm not sure if everyone else's registrar runs like mine, but we have to wait 6-8 weeks after the quarters over until the new grades get posted to the official transcripts...just something to look into at your own school because I dont know if you want to wait an additional 2 months just for a few grade points??