Is it better to apply early or wait for my grades to be on the transcript?

gobears01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I've already taken DAT and ready to apply before June 1st. However, this semester's grade will be on transcript on june 12th and I think I did pretty well. Should I apply early and send the transcript that doesn't have this semester's grade or just wait until june 12th? please give me some advice. Thank you

rollredroll

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2007
Dixieland
Status
Pre-Dental
12 days vs. boosting your GPA with strong grades? i think you're better off waiting on the grades.

realityhigh

10+ Year Member
May 13, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I am in a similar situation right now and was wondering whether I should apply now or wait 2 more months for my summer grades then apply. I currently have a 3.42 gpa and am taking 8 units over the summer. If I do well and get all A's, it will boost my gpa to a 3.51, so I wasn't sure whether it was worth it to wait.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

nhasifuture

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I am currently in the same boat. my current GPA is 3.34 and i'm taking 14 quarter units this spring. I'm currently having straight A's this quarter. If i could maintain this till the end of the quarter, my GPA will be 3.42. Should i wait until June 17th for my Spring quarter grades for apply before June? How soon do i have to send my LORs and transcripts after i submit my application? thanks guys

OMFS08

Tooth Extractornator
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 11, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Well guys, a good rule of thumb is anything that enables your application to be stronger is worth doing. So it would probably be a good idea to wait. Good luck guys!

jigabodo

10+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2006
Louisville, KY
Status
Dentist
I am in a similar situation right now and was wondering whether I should apply now or wait 2 more months for my summer grades then apply. I currently have a 3.70 gpa and am taking 8 units over the summer. If I do well and get all A's, it will boost my gpa to a 3.79, so I wasn't sure whether it was worth it to wait.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
In your case, there is no need to wait since your GPA is already high. Apply as soon as the cycle opens up.

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i think you will still be sent out in the first wave regardless, so you should wait a bit.

DrSphinx

10+ Year Member
May 13, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm not sure if everyone else's registrar runs like mine, but we have to wait 6-8 weeks after the quarters over until the new grades get posted to the official transcripts...just something to look into at your own school because I dont know if you want to wait an additional 2 months just for a few grade points??