Is it correct for DNPs and NPs calling themselves Doctors??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tbf this isn't limited to nursing. I remember when I was getting my undergrad degree I was taking a history class where the instructor had a phd in history. I had to miss the first class because of a severe snow storm so I emailed the professor basically asking them if I missed anything important, if there was anything I should do, if I could access the sylabus online, etc. I adressed him as professor in the email. In the response I get a one sentence reply, "I am to be adressed as doctor" and no answer to my questions. And then the next day of class he started off with a rant about how if you are going to email him you can't be too informal and stared me down. Must suck to be at the top of your profession and still insecure.

It's outrageous that he would go through all that trouble and not address your question. Illusory elitism lol. I've never had a problem with a professor, but just for that I wouldn't even address him as professor.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: