• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Is it doable?

billydoc

10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2005
Lost in Nu Yok
Status (Visible)
Hey guys!
I need some advise.
Nontrad here with lots and (I mean lots), close to 20 yrs, clinical experience. Been out of school for a while, but studied for step1 as an FMG (from many years ago). Is it possible to pull 26-29 studying for 2 months until April 12th MCAT? I need the MCAT score not only for applying to med schools, but that too. I don't want to get in a great detail of Why rash it, and such. I understand that it's gonna be tough. I'm planning on working minimally, and studying for 7-10 hrs a day. More I believe would be counterproductive for me. But I really need to hear from some of you who did that in the past.

Thanks very much :)

smuwillobrien

15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Seven to ten hours a day for two to three months is actually pretty intense, at least I think it is. That's more than enough time to do well on the MCAT - I probably put in the same number of hours and got a 36Q on the August sitting. It all depends on you though. I know someone who got a 34 on the MCAT, and he only studied for three weeks. He read through the EK Complete Study Package and did half of a Kaplan practice test. I don't think we can all be that naturally smart (or lucky) though.

About the Ads

JoeNamath4Eva

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
2 months studying 7 hrs a day is a lot more hours than most who score 30+ put in. i'm studying right now cause i've yet to take it but i've talked to a lot who have done what you're talking about (including a nurse i worked with... scored 28 w/ <1mo. and she's older so i know she's been out of school for a while)

aberkovi

15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2005
Status (Visible)
Assuming you have learned all of the basic science material and this will be review specifically for the MCAT, then you definately have time. But start right away and try to get ahead of the game, so you can take a few practice tests early and gauge your progress. If you have a strong foundation you should be fine. Good luck.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.