Is it even worth mentioning these non clinical volunteering activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maxx52188

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) for a full semester, I volunteered to take notes for student in my history class that was deaf.
2) I play rugby for my college. During the off season (fall semester) for the past two years, we would volunteer our time about twice a month to help organizations around our city. This included cleaning upthe shores of a section of river, helping setup and dismantle community events, repairing the youth rugby leagues field, etc. essentially, organizations would ask us to do manual labor for themwhen they needed hands.

My concern with this is while I did not consistently volunteer for the same entity over and over, I am part of a body that consistently volunteers to many organizations.

Is that an issue?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it even worth mentioning these non clinical volunteering activities 1) for a full semester, I volunteered to take notes for student in my history class that was deaf.
2) I play rugby for my college. During the off season (fall semester) for the past two years, we would volunteer our time about twice a month to help organizations around our city. This included cleaning upthe shores of a section of river, helping setup and dismantle community events, repairing the youth rugby leagues field, etc. essentially, organizations would ask us to do manual labor for themwhen they needed hands.

My concern with this is while I did not consistently volunteer for the same entity over and over, I am part of a body that consistently volunteers to many organizations.

Is that an issue?
1) Yes. You can group it with another short-term opportunity if you need to conserve space.
2) Yes. I would list your team as the sponsoring organization in the header and then the various venues where you helped in the narrative, to the best of your recall (start taking notes). If you use a year's long date span that covers times when you weren't volunteering in this way, you'll need to divide out the total hours by the total weeks in the span, which will dilute them. If it comes out to less than one hour per week, then don't fill that in, just list total hours per year, or total hours overall in the narrative.