Is it game over?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SBAKSHI

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i completed all my apps on august 31st, 2011 (for 2nd mcat score) and this cycle i have received:
2 DO interviews, 2 DO acceptance
2 MD interviews, both waitlists..
what should my next step be for MD interview? shadow an adcom member? I treid getting in touch with one who is too far from where I am and i will be wasting a lot of time if it is not helpful at all..
i have already sent every college a combined update letter and letter of interest.
any guidance by adcom members/ accepted applicants would be greatly appreciated...info regarding my application is on mdapps.

Members don't see this ad.

So i completed all my apps on august 31st, 2011 (for 2nd mcat score) and this cycle i have received:
what should my next step be for MD interview? shadow an adcom member? I treid getting in touch with one who is too far from where I am and i will be wasting a lot of time if it is not helpful at all..
i have already sent every college a combined update letter and letter of interest.
any guidance by adcom members/ accepted applicants would be greatly appreciated...info regarding my application is on mdapps.

Pray. The ADCOM is just going to become annoyed if you pester them. They know you want to get in. If you don't want to go to a DO school, you shouldn't have applied.

Pray. The ADCOM is just going to become annoyed if you pester them. They know you want to get in. If you don't want to go to a DO school, you shouldn't have applied.

According to LizzyM's AMA thread, I believe it is the Deans of the school who get the update/letter of interests.

It might be specific to her school though.

Members don't see this ad :)

surprised you didn't hear from wright. Relax, toledo is going to fire out a bunch of interviews the next couple of months.

Welcome to the waiting game, i'm kind of in the same boat and an ohio resident. But, I didn't apply DO : )

Are you my long lost twin?

We have pretty much the same stats and 4 invites with no MD acceptances. I'm also of mostly S. Asian descent.

You are not the first South Asian on SDN who wants nothing to do with D.O., just M.D.
WTH? Are D.O.s war criminals or something? Do they smell funny? Or worse, are they hippies (I hope "hippies" is not blocked by the profanity filter - we'll see)? Probably family expectations, I know, but you have to live your own life. Being a D.O. is still better than cleaning petri dishes or being a truck driver.

Well first off, a DO acceptance is good. That means your going to MEDICAL SCHOOL in the fall. As far as your MD interviews go. It depends on your stats and ECs. Its appears that you want to go to an MD school over a DO school. Which is fine. You should just be happy that you got a few DO acceptances because now you don't have to worry about "getting into school". As far as MD interviews go, you just have to wait. I have been complete since Mid July, and I just got another MD invite yesterday. So there are still interviews trickling in. You just have to be patient and keep the schools updated, just don't pester them. Now if you don't get any MD acceptances and you don't go to one of the DO schools that you got into, then thats a shame.

Don't view DO as a backup plan. It shouldn't be if you applied to them. There are countless applicants who wish that they were fortunate enough to have two acceptances like you have.

I interviewed at OU as well. They are a great school. A DO I shadowed chose OU over Case Western. Again, if you did not want to go to DO school in the first place, why apply?

Good luck, though :luck:

Don't view DO as a backup plan. It shouldn't be if you applied to them. There are countless applicants who wish that they were fortunate enough to have two acceptances like you have.

I interviewed at OU as well. They are a great school. A DO I shadowed chose OU over Case Western. Again, if you did not want to go to DO school in the first place, why apply?

Good luck, though :luck:

Yeah, Buddy. You got it sweet.

If you're this concerned about going to school as an M.D., then why in the world did you cancel your Meharry interview?

Hi guys,
thank you so much for the replies!
1. First off, I didnt go to Meharry because it is way too far from here and I just had applied there because of my 25 MCAT score. I did not really want to go down south.
2. I realize that D.O. is not a backup and I do not see it that way. I am sorry if it came across that way. I am definitely going to OU if I dont get any other MDs, but I want to get into MD pretty badly! I just wanted some inputs on how I got them to open my file and review it.
3. Of course it is assumed that I was asking to shadow an ADCOM member who was a physician or something.
4. It is good that you told me that I would be pestering them. I dont want them to be annoyed :D
5. Yeah, I was hoping to hear from Wright state first! lol, I know Toledo office is in slump and hope to hear from them!
6. OSU does rock! Excited for Sully, craft, Bufford and of course..Urban Meyer!