Is it just me, or pressing SUBMIT on the AMCAS apps is REALLY scary...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thadarknyte

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read over my personal statement as well as my application about 10 times, after I had already checked it over 20 times before that.

I still feel nervous about pressing submit (thinking that maybe I am missing something or that I have mispelled something)

-oh the stress (just venting)

Members don't see this ad.

thadarknyte said:
I have read over my personal statement as well as my application about 10 times, after I had already checked it over 20 times before that.

I still feel nervous about pressing submit (thinking that maybe I am missing something or that I have mispelled something)

good guy answer: its normal and everyone feels like that

gunner answer: maybe you should wait a week then read it again..for acuracy of course....

I know how that is. I hate that feeling--you think that right after you hit submit you're going to realize you made a mistake.

Members don't see this ad :)
Totally normal. You just have to hit it.

I found myself looking over the information in the app so many times before hitting submit that I started to almost make small errors. That's when I knew it was time to kill the beast.

Haha. Sometimes if I see a word too many times, the correct spelling looks wrong.

thadarknyte said:

get over it...especially if you have already checked everything

DR. EUGENIC said:
good guy answer: its normal and everyone feels like that

gunner answer: maybe you should wait a week then read it again..for acuracy of course....

biggest gunner a-hole answer: if you think this is tough, how do you think you'l make that first incision in the OR? Maybe this path isn't for you.... :smuggrin: