Is it just me, or pressing SUBMIT on the AMCAS apps is REALLY scary...

• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

thadarknyte

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 28, 2005
topeka, ka
Status (Visible)
I have read over my personal statement as well as my application about 10 times, after I had already checked it over 20 times before that.

I still feel nervous about pressing submit (thinking that maybe I am missing something or that I have mispelled something)

-oh the stress (just venting)

DR. EUGENIC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
thadarknyte said:
I have read over my personal statement as well as my application about 10 times, after I had already checked it over 20 times before that.

I still feel nervous about pressing submit (thinking that maybe I am missing something or that I have mispelled something)

good guy answer: its normal and everyone feels like that

gunner answer: maybe you should wait a week then read it again..for acuracy of course....

M

Mr. McDuck

I know how that is. I hate that feeling--you think that right after you hit submit you're going to realize you made a mistake.

About the Ads

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Totally normal. You just have to hit it.

I found myself looking over the information in the app so many times before hitting submit that I started to almost make small errors. That's when I knew it was time to kill the beast.

M

Mr. McDuck

Haha. Sometimes if I see a word too many times, the correct spelling looks wrong.

riceman04

15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
thadarknyte said:

get over it...especially if you have already checked everything

geno2568

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
DR. EUGENIC said:
good guy answer: its normal and everyone feels like that

gunner answer: maybe you should wait a week then read it again..for acuracy of course....

biggest gunner a-hole answer: if you think this is tough, how do you think you'l make that first incision in the OR? Maybe this path isn't for you.... :smuggrin:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.