Is it just me, or pressing SUBMIT on the AMCAS apps is REALLY scary...

thadarknyte

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 28, 2005
topeka, ka
Status
I have read over my personal statement as well as my application about 10 times, after I had already checked it over 20 times before that.

I still feel nervous about pressing submit (thinking that maybe I am missing something or that I have mispelled something)

-oh the stress (just venting)

DR. EUGENIC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
thadarknyte said:
I have read over my personal statement as well as my application about 10 times, after I had already checked it over 20 times before that.

I still feel nervous about pressing submit (thinking that maybe I am missing something or that I have mispelled something)

good guy answer: its normal and everyone feels like that

gunner answer: maybe you should wait a week then read it again..for acuracy of course....

M

Mr. McDuck

I know how that is. I hate that feeling--you think that right after you hit submit you're going to realize you made a mistake.

About the Ads

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Totally normal. You just have to hit it.

I found myself looking over the information in the app so many times before hitting submit that I started to almost make small errors. That's when I knew it was time to kill the beast.

M

Mr. McDuck

Haha. Sometimes if I see a word too many times, the correct spelling looks wrong.

riceman04

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
thadarknyte said:

get over it...especially if you have already checked everything

geno2568

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
DR. EUGENIC said:
good guy answer: its normal and everyone feels like that

gunner answer: maybe you should wait a week then read it again..for acuracy of course....

biggest gunner a-hole answer: if you think this is tough, how do you think you'l make that first incision in the OR? Maybe this path isn't for you.... :smuggrin:

About the Ads