is it ok to.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpatel

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ask for another reccomendation letter?

When I asked for a letter to two of my proffessor, I did not have anything on my resume besides grades. And when they asked for a personal statement, I provided them with a ****ty paragraph which i made up the night before. They did not know anything about me except for the fact that I was a stellar student in their class.

Now that its been a year, I have volunteered and done a lot of stuff that i can put on my resume. and I can provide them with a nice personal statement.

Is it OK to ask another reccomendation letter? I am just really embarrassed.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you seen the letter? Some professors can write a pretty stellar letter with just a little information, if they really like you. I'd make sure it can be improved upon before I asked for another. Just tacking on some extracurriculars might not be worth it (for you or for them).

Have you seen the letter? Some professors can write a pretty stellar letter with just a little information, if they really like you. I'd make sure it can be improved upon before I asked for another. Just tacking on some extracurriculars might not be worth it (for you or for them).

No I have not seen it. May be if I had provided them with a good personal statement and showed little effort, they could have made it more stellar?

You can always ask to see if they'd be willing to update your old letter? And give them your new resume and PS to work with? I did the same when I had to reapply and everyone I approached was fine with it.