Is it okay to get 3 science LORs??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jobe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I asked LOR from my Math professor, Bio profesor, ochem professor and a dentist.
I've checked some dental schools websites that I am applying to regarding LOR requirements but most of them says "three (3) individual Letters of Evaluation (two of which must be from science instructors who know the applicant personally)."

So, only 2 LORs are specified as science professors.. but since it doesn't really say who I should get the third one from, I think another LOR from a science professor is okay right??

Please confirm!

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Its perfectly fine (unless your school specifically requires two sci letters and third from someone else), but I had three sci profs and one dentist write my letters.

I asked LOR from my Math professor, Bio profesor, ochem professor and a dentist.
I've checked some dental schools websites that I am applying to regarding LOR requirements but most of them says "three (3) individual Letters of Evaluation (two of which must be from science instructors who know the applicant personally)."

So, only 2 LORs are specified as science professors.. but since it doesn't really say who I should get the third one from, I think another LOR from a science professor is okay right??

Please confirm!

Thanks!!

I think you will be fine. In fact some schools, such as Harvard and Columbia, actually want 3 LOR from science professors. I would, however, try to get in a LOR from a dentist into the mix.