Is it okay to show things on interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

landakerjenna

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was in Dean's list and President's list Is it okay to show those letters in an interveiw??

If so, how should I present it?

Members don't see this ad.

I was in Dean's list and President's list Is it okay to show those letters in an interveiw??

If so, how should I present it?
The schools would have your transcripts and therefore know if your grades made the Dean's list. I personally wouldn't bring them or if I did in a nice folder along with a resume, but would not present them unless asked. I really don't think bringing these documents would increase your chances though as interviews tend to be more about your social skills rather than numbers.

Those things should go into your PharmCAS and non-PharmCAS primary applications. You can mention it indirectly during an interview but you don't need actual proof given that those honors can be verified via transcripts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I brought an entire binder of all of the extracurricular activities/ scholarships and awards that I had won...I had been keeping it since high school and it was full of pictures- newspaper article- letters...etc.
I think it definitely helped get me accepted...or at least it sure doesn't hurt!

I didn't bring anything. All my awards/accomplishments were listed before hand in my application. During my interview, I mentioned my accomplishments when I had to, but I didn't bring anything mainly because my credentials are right in front of them. Also, I didn't want my answers to go off topic, or way off base, or come off cocky. Like the above mentioned, most of the questions are social based or personality questions and ethical questions. They never asked me anything transcript based, but since most questions are open ended, you can mention them if you like.

You will definitely have the opportunity to discuss your merits/accomplishments during your interviews, so presenting them is not necessary. If you do want to present them, be sure to practice how you plan on doing so before hand. You don't want to come off the wrong way.

Hmm, maybe it's just me, but bringing your achievements/credentials to an interview feels a little gratuitous. I believe during interviews, most admissions committees place a greater emphasis on your responses and ability to think "under fire." Although achievements may be necessary to explain during the interview itself, basically what I'm trying to say in sports-talk, is:

It's gametime! You only have a few precious moments with your interviewers. Share your excitement, be mindful and considerate of others, and share any crazy hillarious application stories you can recall along the way! Just be careful and remember why you're interviewing - they really want to see your personality and how you handle being under pressure. If you feel that sharing your deans list announcement or whatever helps, then do it. Depending on the school though, I'd be a little cautious busting out into "show and tell" , as they've probably already had 2-3 months to see your app.

If you know yourself and respond in earnest - then there's still plenty of ways to share your accomplishments in a 20 min period! :D