Is it okay to submit secondaries before my primary is verified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MRpremed-dudeguy

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my primary June 20th and have yet to be verified and do not know when that will happen. However, I have received a couple secondaries from schools already. Do you guys think it would be okay to submit these before I'm verified?
 
I don't see why not, if they've already sent them to you.

Most schools wait until verification to send secondaries to you.
 
Last edited:
I think most schools tell you to wait until verification. If I remember correctly, some schools get really mad if you submit secondaries before verification. I'd either look for the instructions or contact the school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Follow the school's instructions. Some may ask you to wait. Perhaps most importantly, DO NOT complete and submit a secondary using random links that you might find in the school-specific threads if you haven't actually received an invitation to complete the secondary yourself. This can be a problem from the side of the medical school and increases the likelihood of logistical issues with your application.
 
When in doubt, email the admissions office to ask. Usually, submitting secondaries earlier is better if you can do it.