You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Is it pointless to apply to Emory and Rochester without research?
Started by lemonsrule8
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Shooters shoot
It might hurt, but if you really like em, go ahead and apply.
It might hurt, but if you really like em, go ahead and apply.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My stats are a good fit for these schools (I have a 3.76/516) and my other ec's are fine but I don't have any research done. Would it be a waste for me to apply to these 2 schools or would I have a decent shot?
EC's? clinical experience? volunteering? leadership?
GPA + MCAT are only a couple pieces of a 6 piece pie.
EC's? clinical experience? volunteering? leadership?
GPA + MCAT are only a couple pieces of a 6 piece pie.
~270 hours of non-clinical volunteering, ~260 hours of clinical volunteering, and 30 hours of shadowing. All my clinical volunteering and nonclinical volunteering is working with underserved urban populations and I had a leadership position within a good chunk of my non-clinical volunteering
~270 hours of non-clinical volunteering, ~260 hours of clinical volunteering, and 30 hours of shadowing. All my clinical volunteering and nonclinical volunteering is working with underserved urban populations and I had a leadership position within a good chunk of my non-clinical volunteering
Not bad. Research may still be a barrier for top research schools though. I think 95% or so of students at top tier MD schools that emphasize research have research.
I agree, but it's not like she's interested in Stanford or HarvardNot bad. Research may still be a barrier for top research schools though. I think 95% or so of students at top tier MD schools that emphasize research have research.
I agree, but it's not like she's interested in Stanford or Harvard
I dunno how research heavy Rochester and Emory are in comparison in terms of emphasis on research.
My vibe is that Emory likes research.My stats are a good fit for these schools (I have a 3.76/516) and my other ec's are fine but I don't have any research done. Would it be a waste for me to apply to these 2 schools or would I have a decent shot?
My vibe is that Emory likes research.
Yup, that's the vibe I got. I probably won't apply there
Just interviewed there and so much this. All about the human aspect of medicineRochester is all about the biopsychosocial model and people-centered medicine.
Absolutely loved the schoolJust interviewed there and so much this. All about the human aspect of medicine
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
its not pointless. schools want diversity. they dont want to pump their class full of a bunch of pipette fiends. FWIW Rochester has an entire section on their website dedicated to 'street medicine' -- hardly research at all.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K