-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Is It Possible To Get A 45 On Your MCAT?
Started by IWant2BeADoctor
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sure, you just have to get every question right.
exactly.Sure, you just have to get every question right.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a repeat, should be merged with the identical post from a day or two ago.
Nah, we can always use more threads around here right?😉
Nah, we can always use more threads around here right?😉
it sure beats the threads from people claiming to have acheived this feat and still wondering what their chances are with it and their 3.9 gpa, at their (non-california) state medical school.
Kumar, in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle makes this claim too, though I think his holds more water.😀
You mean Ahmed the terrorist from 24?Kumar, in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle makes this claim too, though I think his holds more water.😀
Yes, absolutely, it has been done, by perhaps 20 people in the history of the world, but you and I are not going to run a sub 3:50 mile not matter how much we try. However, I have been below 5 minutes for the mile. What about you?
It also depends on which test you get-- if everyone does extremely well on your test form, it may not be possible to give a 45 since the scores are all too high, and multiple people got 100%.
YES IT IS DEFINITELY POSSIBLE TO GET A 45. YOU MUST PREPARE VERY WELL. IF YOU AIM FOR A 45 WHILE YOU ARE PREPARING, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED BY YOUR SCORE WHEN YOU GET IT, EVEN IF IT IS NOT A PERFECT!
DISCLAIMER: you might actually be very disappointed...i cannot guarantee happiness. Anything is possible though...
DISCLAIMER: you might actually be very disappointed...i cannot guarantee happiness. Anything is possible though...
i don't think there have been any 45's since the MCAT got restructured about 7 years ago... it takes a lot of luck to get that score. Once you get over the higher 30s mark the scores don't mean anything because it is a random question here or there
Yes, and it's possible to get above a 45...if you're Chuck Norris! 😀 

i don't think there have been any 45's since the MCAT got restructured about 7 years ago... it takes a lot of luck to get that score. Once you get over the higher 30s mark the scores don't mean anything because it is a random question here or there
I hear this assessment a lot. That past the higher 30s it becomes a matter of luck. I don't agree with it. Even though I do agree that luck plays a role, yet I feel one can consistently score a 14 in the sciences and a 13 in the verbal. This is why I think that luck only becomes a major factor after a 41, and yet if someone is hardcore enough, luck will only be a small factor up into a 43.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hear this assessment a lot. That past the higher 30s it becomes a matter of luck. I don't agree with it. Even though I do agree that luck plays a role, yet I feel one can consistently score a 14 in the sciences and a 13 in the verbal. This is why I think that luck only becomes a major factor after a 41, and yet if someone is hardcore enough, luck will only be a small factor up into a 43.
a difference between a 38 and a 41 is usually three questions... I was scoring 14-15 in BS consistently on my practice tests and got a 12, and I was scoring 11's on VR and got a 13... i definitely attribute that to luck. But I think people who consistently score over 40 on practice tests (I only did that once) might tend to disagree with me
my TPR bio instructor got one apparently. he got a 15, 13-15, and 15. he's UCSF bound now.
UCSF bound ? his MCAT score must have expired (they don't use the VR 13-15 range anymore) That must have really sucked to have a perfect score expire for med school admissions 😱
You should worry about getting 30 or above, and if 45 happens, then it happens. ;]
my TPR bio instructor got one apparently. he got a 15, 13-15, and 15. he's UCSF bound now.
Yeah, the 13-15 verbal thing expired years ago. I dont think any med schools accept scores that are that old now.
Yes, absolutely, it has been done, by perhaps 20 people in the history of the world, but you and I are not going to run a sub 3:50 mile not matter how much we try. However, I have been below 5 minutes for the mile. What about you?
I ran a mile in 4:59 once. I came in fifth in that race. Come to think of it, I came in fifth in every single mile race I've run. What's that about?
So how do they score the verbal now? Or was that a joke?
I have 45
It doesn't count when you add your scores together when you've taken it twice 🙄
The highest possible MCAT score that one could get on the test I took (8/05) was a 44 - if you got all the questions right on the BS section you [only] got a 14...
Right, it depends on the exam. For the April 06 exam, the highest score possible was a 44 too (15 on BS/PS, 14 on V). With the way verbal is curved, it's probably really tough to get a 15, but it's usually possible to ace the other sections (at least in theory 😉 ).
It doesn't count when you add your scores together when you've taken it twice 🙄
in that case I have a 90.
Is it possible? Yes. Has it ever happened? No.
What's the highest that has been recorded? 43!!
What amount of people got that at the most in a given test administration 2 out of more then 28000-37000 students in the old way of doing things.
You can see the chances of getting a 45 are very very very slim.
Study like that's what you are aiming for but be happy with anything 30 and above or 33+ if you are aiming for a top tier.
What's the highest that has been recorded? 43!!
What amount of people got that at the most in a given test administration 2 out of more then 28000-37000 students in the old way of doing things.
You can see the chances of getting a 45 are very very very slim.
Study like that's what you are aiming for but be happy with anything 30 and above or 33+ if you are aiming for a top tier.
Chuck Norris got a 50 on the MCAT. On his first try. Without any prep courses.
I thought he was admitted straight out of middle school with no MCAT???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If 45 were impossible, it wouldn't be in the range of scores...
I think it's harder to get a 3 than a 45...
I think it's harder to get a 3 than a 45...
4
45408
I'd say there's a pretty minimal difference between a 39 and a 43 - that's only a few questions, some of which you might read a little differently than intended, etc. Plus, the curve for VR gets really, really steep. The difference between a 12 and a 15 is very few questions.I hear this assessment a lot. That past the higher 30s it becomes a matter of luck. I don't agree with it. Even though I do agree that luck plays a role, yet I feel one can consistently score a 14 in the sciences and a 13 in the verbal. This is why I think that luck only becomes a major factor after a 41, and yet if someone is hardcore enough, luck will only be a small factor up into a 43.
4
45408
Isn't the lowest a 6J? I thought you could get at least a 2 in any section. And I think I could have done that - you can almost always rule 1-2 options out immediately for being ridiculous.If 45 were impossible, it wouldn't be in the range of scores...
I think it's harder to get a 3 than a 45...
So how do they score the verbal now? Or was that a joke?
Because of the debate on whether or not they could make verbal questions of the difficulty to distinguish between 13-15, if you scored in that range, they reported your verbal score as a 13-15 as opposed to a 13, 14, or a 15. Recently(I'm not sure how long ago it was), they decided to allow scores of 14 and 15 on the verbal. So, no, it wasn't a joke.😛
Chuck Norris got a 50 on the MCAT. On his first try. Without any prep courses.
I heard that Kaplan and TPR structured their courses around how Chuck Norris took the test.
i don't think there have been any 45's since the MCAT got restructured about 7 years ago... it takes a lot of luck to get that score. Once you get over the higher 30s mark the scores don't mean anything because it is a random question here or there
Is that what you were told to make you feel better?
4
45408
okay, tell us about your 42.Is that what you were told to make you feel better?![]()
okay, tell us about your 42.
Sure, its the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything
you can get a 45 if there is a test version that has a very difficult verbal section.
the verbal can be scored out of 13, 14, 15, depending on how many people rail it. if virtually no one rails it and you get all the questions right, theres your 15.
then all you have to do is 15 the other two sections. done.
the verbal can be scored out of 13, 14, 15, depending on how many people rail it. if virtually no one rails it and you get all the questions right, theres your 15.
then all you have to do is 15 the other two sections. done.
you can get a 45 if there is a test version that has a very difficult verbal section.
the verbal can be scored out of 13, 14, 15, depending on how many people rail it. if virtually no one rails it and you get all the questions right, theres your 15.
then all you have to do is 15 the other two sections. done.
Pffffffffffttt... piece of cake. 😎
Isn't the lowest a 6J? I thought you could get at least a 2 in any section. And I think I could have done that - you can almost always rule 1-2 options out immediately for being ridiculous.
Each section is scored 1-15. In theory, for every person who scores a 15, there would have to be someone who scores a 1 (Normal distribution). I think your statement gives credence to my thought that a 3 is "harder" to get than a 45.😀
4
45408
I don't think there's any scaling to be done if you get every. single. question wrong. People have definitely gotten in the single digits before, and that's most likely because they're the opposite of intelligent, so if someone intelligent intended to do poorly, they could.Each section is scored 1-15. In theory, for every person who scores a 15, there would have to be someone who scores a 1 (Normal distribution). I think your statement gives credence to my thought that a 3 is "harder" to get than a 45.😀
I don't think there's any scaling to be done if you get every. single. question wrong. People have definitely gotten in the single digits before, and that's most likely because they're the opposite of intelligent, so if someone intelligent intended to do poorly, they could.
Yeah but the odds of getting a 1 in a given section are lower then getting a 15 in a given section on the basis that even if you guess the whole way through by picking one letter for all your answers you'd still probably get slightly higher then a 1 based on simple probability rules.
That said, I know someone who personally got a single digit total score with a 2 being their lowest section and the other sections not being that much higher.
Chuck Norris got a 50 on the MCAT. On his first try. Without any prep courses.
Yeah...a 50th percentile.
It is possible to get a 45. You just need to get everything right in verbal and almost everything right in PS and BS. (You might be able to miss one or two questions at maximum, depending on the scale). The likelihood that one will achieve that is probably equivalent to the likelihod that someone will prove (with resolute evidence) the existence of an anti-graviton (given our current technology).
4
45408
But I'm not saying that I'd be guessing my way through - you'd get 1/5 of them right if you picked C for every question, but I had a 35, so I got the vast majority right. Even on the questions I got wrong, I probably could have shown you 1-2 answers that I knew were wrong, it was just the other 2-3 I couldn't choose between. I think I could have intentionally gotten every question wrong.Yeah but the odds of getting a 1 in a given section are lower then getting a 15 in a given section on the basis that even if you guess the whole way through by picking one letter for all your answers you'd still probably get slightly higher then a 1 based on simple probability rules.
That said, I know someone who personally got a single digit total score with a 2 being their lowest section and the other sections not being that much higher.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But I'm not saying that I'd be guessing my way through - you'd get 1/5 of them right if you picked C for every question, but I had a 35, so I got the vast majority right. Even on the questions I got wrong, I probably could have shown you 1-2 answers that I knew were wrong, it was just the other 2-3 I couldn't choose between. I think I could have intentionally gotten every question wrong.
Huh? Yeah I know your score. I was just talking about a theoretical situation.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 603
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 636
D
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 431
D
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 168