Is it possible to get admission in MD after passing FPGEE and NAPLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am a legal resident. I am also paying tax. So prereqs are needed. I have to go to college first. How is it possible? I can do job with college. I don't think my boss would allow me.

It will not be easy. People have done it, go to school full-time while going to school full-time--it is difficult, but it can be done. (there were some in my pharmacy class who did this, working a full-time 2nd/3rd shift job, while going to school during the day.) You wouldn't have to go to school full-time, you could spread your classes out through out the year, it would just take longer. As was pointed out, you can do all this hard work, and statistically still not be accepted into medical school.
Since others have commented on the virtual impossibility of a non-citizen getting into medical school, I would personally just work as a pharmacist.

Members don't see this ad.

On the other hand, I can carry on my pharmacy job (as a part time).

I'm not sure if you are referring to working as a pharmacist part-time now, or if you mean working during pharmacy school. I would NOT plan on working while going to medical school (I've heard some schools even forbid it.) Medical school requires massive amounts of studying, and with English being your 2nd language, you will probably have to study even more then the average med school student.

Reactions: 1 user
It will not be easy. People have done it, go to school full-time while going to school full-time--it is difficult, but it can be done. (there were some in my pharmacy class who did this, working a full-time 2nd/3rd shift job, while going to school during the day.) You wouldn't have to go to school full-time, you could spread your classes out through out the year, it would just take longer. As was pointed out, you can do all this hard work, and statistically still not be accepted into medical school.
Since others have commented on the virtual impossibility of a non-citizen getting into medical school, I would personally just work as a pharmacist.
Yes, you are right. You didn't understand my point. I am doing job now in a local pharmacy. I am earning good and my expenditures are not high. These are my savings. Now, I want to plan about getting a medical degree. I like to diagnose and prescribe. I selected pharmacy since I had no money to support the med school in my country. Pharmacy was cheaper. So I took admission and paid all fees. Now, I am again in that situation. I have no problems to work hard. If I get into a college(Post Bac) and then a med school, may I continue my job with these ?

I know a guy who acquired his citizenship and now he is in the med school. However, you are right. I have look on the both sides. It is just like business. I am going to invest what I earned. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if you are referring to working as a pharmacist part-time now, or if you mean working during pharmacy school. I would NOT plan on working while going to medical school (I've heard some schools even forbid it.) Medical school requires massive amounts of studying, and with English being your 2nd language, you will probably have to study even more then the average med school student.
I have passed TOEFL IBT and you know NABP doesn't allow a person to work without it. TOEFL IBT is going to expire next year. But no worries. I can pass it again. In fact, I can get even better score now.
My education medium was English. That is a plus for me. But again, you are pretty solid in your comment. It is not easy to handle such workload.

I still think you're missing the #1 point here, which is that you need to get your green card before you even consider continuing on. That could take - literally - a decade. By that time, any pre-reqs you've done here will have expired and you'll have to start over again. In fact, you might NEVER get it. Start there. IF you get it, then consider the classes.

I still think you're missing the #1 point here, which is that you need to get your green card before you even consider continuing on. That could take - literally - a decade. By that time, any pre-reqs you've done here will have expired and you'll have to start over again. In fact, you might NEVER get it. Start there. IF you get it, then consider the classes.
Thanks my friend. This is the most vital piece of advice you offered me. First I need to work on this issue. If this works out, I would think about it.
One of my colleagues told me to go for prereqs. However, it is not a worthy shot unless I have the green card.

That's an excellent point. I think pre-reqs expire after 5 years? Until he knows he has permanent residency, it doesn't make sense to start getting taking classes.

That's an excellent point. I think pre-reqs expire after 5 years? Until he knows he has permanent residency, it doesn't make sense to start getting taking classes.
He is right. I am working on this green card issue.