Is it possible to get your A.A.S. and A.S. from the same school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RJmx393

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently working on finishing my Associates in Applied Sciences (for my current job) but I am also working towards my Associates in Science at the same time. Is it possible to receive both from the same school?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. I have an AA in Natural Sciences and an AA in Mathematics from the same CC.

That sounds like a technical question that you'd have to ask officials at your school to answer. In my experience, each school has its own rule for how they decide whether or not to confer more than one degree for overlapping coursework.

But I have a broader question to ask you: This question is not to discourage people working on associate's degrees, but if you're on this forum I'd have to ask... what does it matter whether you can get both from the same school?

If you're on this forum I'm assuming you want to get into medical school. Each medical school publishes its admissions criteria. None that I've ever seen says anything about an associate's degree.

In the world of academics at the med school level, an associate's degree is about as relevant as a junior high school diploma.

What does matter is having a bachelor's degree + specific coursework.