Is it possible to raise your MCAT score by 10 points in a month?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdoctor08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Say, from a 25 to a 35 if all you do for that month is study for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on why you are scoring 25 in the first place. If it's lack of knowledge, it will be tough but possible imo. If it's lack of test takign skills/intelligence, then it's even less likely.

I know one thing for sure: raising it 10 points from 35 to 45 is NOT possible in a month. At that point, you are probably improving 1-2 point per month.

From a 25 to a 35?

Tough call. I wouldn't say it is completely impossible, but I would say it would be very unlikely and difficult.

The question is not "can you do it if you work hard enough?". It's "do you have enough time?"

It really depends. On my Kaplan diagnostic exam I got a 21 (although it has been said that the kaplan diag is intentionally difficult) and a month later I got a 32 on my first practice full length.

But it really depends on why you're currently scoring the way you are; I took the diag without even really knowing the format of the MCAT, and I think just knowing what to expect format wise helped a lot the second time around.