• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Is it possible to transfer as a PGY-2 into another residency spot after completing PGY-1 here?

nebuchadnezzarII

CALI born and raised.
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2015
America
  1. Resident [Any Field]
If a program has a open PGY-2 spot, what is the process of transferring into this program if you are finishing up PGY-1 at your current program?

Do you have to go through ERAS or something or can you just cold-call the program director? Thank you all.

asdf123g

5+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2014
New York, New York
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
If a program has a open PGY-2 spot, what is the process of transferring into this program if you are finishing up PGY-1 at your current program?

Do you have to go through ERAS or something or can you just cold-call the program director? Thank you all.
I'm sure there are people here also interested in just switching programs. Might be a good idea to start a thread posting what region you are and what region you'd like to go and the rest can be done through PM. Might get you more opportunities than a chance opening.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

nebuchadnezzarII

CALI born and raised.
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2015
America
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm sure there are people here also interested in just switching programs. Might be a good idea to start a thread posting what region you are and what region you'd like to go and the rest can be done through PM. Might get you more opportunities than a chance opening.
Thank you, that sounds like a great idea. Would it be okay to do it here? On this subforum?

And also, would a residency program just take any old resident for a one-to-one switch? Or is the thread just meant to show vacancies?

asdf123g

5+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2014
New York, New York
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Thank you, that sounds like a great idea. Would it be okay to do it here? On this subforum?

And also, would a residency program just take any old resident for a one-to-one switch? Or is the thread just meant to show vacancies?
Technically, there is a subforum here for that (Internship, Residency and Fellowship Positions) but it is not psychiatry specific and its pretty messy without a lot of serious inquiries. I am not sure if it is against the rules but it would be a lot easier and more organized if there was just 1 thread here which people can post their info. I don't think the forum I linked is very well-known either. I don't think it would hurt to post a thread here, worst thing that can happen is that it gets closed or moved.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.