Is it possible to transfer from medical school to PA school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted978973

Would I have to drop out of med school and apply to PA school from the beginning with letters of rec, personal statement, GRE, etc.? Or is it fairly feasible to just transfer into one? I am not asking about what I should or should not do, or what is or is not a good/bad idea, I am just asking if it is possible.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Would I have to drop out of med school and apply to PA school from the beginning with letters of rec, personal statement, GRE, etc.? Or is it fairly feasible to just transfer into one? I am not asking about what I should or should not do, or what is or is not a good/bad idea, I am just asking if it is possible.
You'd have to drop out and take the GRE, get your clinical hours, new letters of rec. It is not possible to transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Mind if I ask why you're considering this? Just genuinely curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope

If your school has a PA program you should go talk to them. See what they say.

They’ll ask if you’d been in other professional school before. PA schools aren’t falling all over themselves to get med school drop outs.

Reactions: 1 users