is it possible to work as an EMT during the school year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted74029

i really want to work as an EMT but i'm not sure if i'd be able to while in school. anyone know what kind of hours they usually work?

Members don't see this ad.

i really want to work as an EMT but i'm not sure if i'd be able to while in school. anyone know what kind of hours they usually work?
usually 12 hour shifts...some do 8 and some do 24

You can probably work just weekends and the occasional night....I work nites 6p-6a

Definitely doable. 12Hr shifts seems to be the norm. You could get some serious experience and some decent dough doing 2-3 shifts a week.

Members don't see this ad :)
usually 12 hour shifts...some do 8 and some do 24

You can probably work just weekends and the occasional night....I work nites 6p-6a

The place I worked for we did 12, 24, 36, or 48 hour shifts depending on your preference and free time. Definitely doable depending on the company you work for and how willing they are to work with your schedule.

So how do I go about this? How long does it take to get trained and would I apply through a hospital or directly through an EMT service?