is it possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ladybug2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, can someone please tell me if they happen to know someone who improved their weak verbal score by 3+ points in the course of 3 months? I want a 9+ and am now at a 6, is it possible to get there? My problem is both speed and comprehension and English is my 3rd language.

thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
since english is not your first language (nor your second), do you have a hard time understanding the passages?

I haven't taken the MCAT yet, but I've noticed something about the way I take the verbal sections on practice tests and changing it has helped me improve my scores. Originally, when I started taking practice tests, I was trying to read the passages really quickly so I could get done in time. I was so focused on going fast that I wasn't comprehending the passages well at all. By relaxing myself and making sure I was understanding as I read (even if it took me a little longer to read), I was able to get done more quickly and improve my scores because I wouldn't have to go back to the passage multiple times. I don't know that this is an issue for you, but it helped me. Good luck!