Question regarding possible unbalanced MCAT subsection score spread? (took on 6/19)

41Johnny

2+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello everyone! So I took the 6/19 12:15pm test and just received my score back (Total 515, C/P 126, CARS 127, B/B 130, P/S 132 (lol how did i even do that)). Everyone who took this test knows about how brutal the C/P section was hence my relatively low score :( I am super happy with the overall score, but then I realized that there is quite a spread with my scores, with the delta between the highest and lowest scores being 6 points... Am I overthinking this and be wholeheartedly content with this score or should this be some cause for concern?

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
Vendor
Apr 25, 2019
www.medschooltutors.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
  3. Attending Physician
You're overthinking it. Some schools do have subsection cutoffs that they use to screen applicants out, but I have never seen this be greater than a 125.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.