Is It Really That Hard To Get a 4.0?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this thread is like..."I'm so smart, a 4.0 doesn't phase me. How hard was it for the majority of you to get a 3.5-3.7?"

I like your thread translations. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

A 4.0 is just good micromanagement. It seems overwhelming to think about maintaining a 4.0 over 4 years at first, but it's all about taking it one assignment, one week, one class at a time. It also depends on whether you're the kind of person who sees value in being challenged and rising above it, or who just wants to have the best grades possible no matter how little the effort.

1) Go to a school with grade inflation.

2) Pick your professors carefully. Ratemyprofessor is a goldmine. I've found Ratemyprofessor to be an accurate indicator of EVERY professor I've had so far. Yes, some students hold a grudge and rate accordingly...but there's usually a reason they hold a grudge.

3) Understand what those professors are looking for and do exactly that. If you have a professor that has written 5 books about black female lesbian prison inmates, skew your essays towards the black female lesbian prison inmate experience.

4) Pick a major that is easy for you.

DING DING DING DING DING. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

If you are really dead-set on getting a 4.0, this is the way to do it. I especially agree with the micromanagement part.