Is it still a good job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Aidan Weiss

Aidan Weiss
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am freshmen in HS and I am looking to become a pharmacist. Can anyone tell me First how hard it is to get into schools and how long you nominally have to study to become a pharmacist. second is it worth it I know it pay well, but is it easy to find a job were you want to live. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am freshmen in HS and I am looking to become a pharmacist. Can anyone tell me First how hard it is to get into schools and how long you nominally have to study to become a pharmacist. second is it worth it I know it pay well, but is it easy to find a job were you want to live. Thanks
No

Members don't see this ad :)
Hell no

1) Terrible job market that gets worse each year as more schools open
2) $200k+ in loans
3) Terrible work-life balance and high-stress work environments for the lucky ones who actually land a job

There are much better options out there, i.e. computer programming, finance, accounting, engineering, physician assistant, etc. that require less loans, provide better job security, are less stressful, and pay just as well if not better than pharmacy, and do not require you to take out $200k+ in loans and spend an additional 4 years in school.

Reactions: 1 user
why is not still a good job?
You're a freshmen in high school. Get off of here and focus on school. You may not even 1) go to college 2) pass college 3) change your mind about your career choice. You're too young to worry about that.

Reactions: 1 users