Is it Time to Break with ABR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is it Time to Break with ABR?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Appears ROHub might be deleting some posts? Shows these posts in the preview area, but when you click on the thread itself, the 3 posts noted here are no-where to be found.

View attachment 310910

This is your friendly reminder that at SDN, all opinions are welcome, and we will not gaslight those who have a differing opinion of us of being menaces and thus delete all your posts. Those who have had posts deleted at ROHub, we would be happy to discuss the merits of your thoughts on SDN in further detail if you would like to continue the discussion.

For real...people will fight you here on SDN but the only posts that get deleted are when certain people decide to just derail into American politics.

Members don't see this ad.

For real...people will fight you here on SDN but the only posts that get deleted are when certain people decide to just derail into American politics.
Trying to convince some radoncs that resident oversupply is a disaster is like trying to convince Trump supporters that the president frequently misleads.

Btw: A couple years ago at Astro, steinberg did seem to admit that xrt was oversupplied, but minimized it stating something to the effect that it will only last a generation or so.

Reactions: 1 user
Appears ROHub might be deleting some posts? Shows these posts in the preview area, but when you click on the thread itself, the 3 posts noted here are no-where to be found.

View attachment 310910

This is your friendly reminder that at SDN, all opinions are welcome, and we will not gaslight those who have a differing opinion of us of being menaces and thus delete all your posts. Those who have had posts deleted at ROHub, we would be happy to discuss the merits of your thoughts on SDN in further detail if you would like to continue the discussion.

Here are the posts with personal info removed.

1593030539654.png

1593030564134.png

1593030585238.png

1593030600155.png

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That was completely harmless communication. They had to censor THAT?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Reactions: 7 users
LOL, what's the fkn point of ROHub if you can't have any dissenting opinions. Might as well turn it into a newsletter with one person's thoughts.

Reactions: 3 users
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

ROHub is the dumbest thing ASTRO has pored money into

Steinberg needs to GTFO. I'm glad that his post was deleted (hopefully by ASTRO) bc at least it shows some form of consistency to delete posts that they deem "inflammatory".

At the same time, the initial posts that prompted this ridiculous response by a millionaire UCLA chair were not inflammatory at all IMO

I did not receive a residency invite from UCLA and I'm quite thankful now. Time to put the UCLA program in the malignant list

Reactions: 2 users
All of the posts were in line with professional decorum. They are speaking like they are at a white gloved event and its still deleted?

Come on over to SDN!

Here is Brian Davis (Mayo) praising Steinberg!
I know Brian (he is a great guy btw) and can only shake my head...

FYI Davis is member of Board of Trustees on ABR:

Steinberg did not have to write that "justification".

ROHub can be useful and can be a joke.
ROHub needs to allow dissent, this is not Cuba or China communist regimes, for God's sake...
Freedom of speech is the single most important right in the free world, which the US belongs to.

If I post something controversial/stupid on ROHub, be it, let the rest of the world judge me...

Reactions: 1 user
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

ROHub is the dumbest thing ASTRO has pored money into

Steinberg needs to GTFO. I'm glad that his post was deleted (hopefully by ASTRO) bc at least it shows some form of consistency to delete posts that they deem "inflammatory".

At the same time, the initial posts that prompted this ridiculous response by a millionaire UCLA chair were not inflammatory at all IMO

I did not receive a residency invite from UCLA and I'm quite thankful now. Time to put the UCLA program in the malignant list

UCLA has been known for a while to have tons of scut. As a scholar of sdn rad onc, A few years ago i reckon someone posted a very detailed rotation review basically highlighting what they saw detailing tons of scut and a bad Environment, unfortunately shortly after It was deleted by the poster.
I think the chairman’s incendiary post definitely highlights the rotten culture at the core. Imagine if you ever disagree with anything there, pretty much say good bye to your career. These people are like the mob. You cross them and they whack you!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Let's say I am acting as a peer-reviewer for a letter to a journal (let's say Red Journal) and this stuff by Steinberg fails at every level.
"Unsuitable for publication!"

The chair from City of Angels and previous ASTRO President has nothing to do with his credibility.
Why do people like Brian and Percy drink the same KoolAid as Steinberg?
Why do they need to suck up to this level of arrogance and ignorance?

If ROHub removed his post (or he withdrew his post), this is the only time I would defend ASTRO for doing such a good service because his post is deeply offensive to ASTRO members...

OK, let's see...

"...saddened and disappointed" ---> What is going on in his head and neck area?

"...Thankfully, the offensive post was taken down..." ---> What happened to free speech. His own post is deeply offensive!!!

He spoke to ABMS leadership, he has been around this long and cannot figure out the relationship between ABR and ABMS? ---> smh...

"...uninformed personal opinion..." ---> He just attacked many ASTRO members.

"...none of these boards have ever administered virtual exams..." ---> Of course not, for obvious reasons.

"...unlike college-based, text centric, "low-stakes" exam, ours is image rich, high density, "high stakes" exam..." He just insulted thousands of college kids. My kids took the ACT and SAT exams and I do not think our ABR exam is any different, conceptually speaking. An exam is an exam, whether it is a pilot license exam (to fly an airplane) or ACT/SAT or ABR is an exam that needs to be taken seriously.

"...The public who looks at the Board for verification of competence..." ---> Of course the MOC and OLA is an offspring of that but it is partially true. There is more to it.

"...Rancor, misplaced anger spewed...misinformed postings..." ---> He just attacked many ASTRO members.

"...Some posts appear to display a misunderstanding..." ---> How many times does he have to insult ASTRO members?

ABR is 50 years behind time...

Philosophically, now you guys know why this country is in flames. The "people" complained about police brutality and what do they get?
Even more "police brutality" as you see on TV. The good news is democracy always wins, you just have to give democracy some time to work...

So, who are the "people"? The "people" are the radonc residents.

Time to stand up for our residents and protect them, because they are the future of our field.
No need for an easier exam, they never asked for an easier exam, they just want a virtual exam so they can move on.

This is why radonc fails as field, just look at a typical surgery exam, it is a conversation, looking for deep knowledge.
The surg examiners do not ask the resident to tie a knot or to operate a laparoscope, these are skills you learn in residency.
If you cannot master these surg skills, then your surg PD should not graduate you. And you should NOT practice as a surgeon.

Likewise for radonc, the art of drawing GTV, CTV, PTV etc. is for residency. Impossible to assess all these skills in 30-min session.

Here is surg oral, it is basically a conversation. The examiners do NOT ask the candidate to perform surg procedures.
If you look carefully, the surg examiners are looking for a SAFE surgeon...

Last edited: