Is it time to give up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duho.O

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've had 2 interviews. Waitlisted at one school and still haven't heard from the other school for almost 3 months. do you think i should resign this application cycle and focus on reapplying for the next cycle? should i start studying now to re-take my DATs?

Members don't see this ad.

In the old country, they had a saying:

The monkey who throws all his poop at his brother has none left to throw at his sister.

In other words, start studying to retake the DAT and get stuff together to reapply for the next cycle. This is not to say you don't have a chance this cycle. No dental school is full until the first day of class and every single student shows up (with the apparent exceptions of Temple, Loma Linda, Washington, VCU, PCU, and all the other ones people on here claim to be "full") But being prepared for another cycle, even if you end up not needing to go through it cause in June you get a call that you've been added off the waitlist, is a perfectly smart way to go.

In the old country, they had a saying:

The monkey who throws all his poop at his brother has none left to throw at his sister.

In other words, start studying to retake the DAT and get stuff together to reapply for the next cycle. This is not to say you don't have a chance this cycle. No dental school is full until the first day of class and every single student shows up (with the apparent exceptions of Temple, Loma Linda, Washington, VCU, PCU, and all the other ones people on here claim to be "full") But being prepared for another cycle, even if you end up not needing to go through it cause in June you get a call that you've been added off the waitlist, is a perfectly smart way to go.

Haha, I like that! :laugh: Thats good advice, be prepared for any outcome. I know its frustrating I'm in the same position as you.
Anyways best of luck to you