Is it time to withdraw? Am I ready to commit to UWashington?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cariblil

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got really nervous as the Acceptance Form stared back at me. I think I'm still just in shock. Should I withdraw from everywhere else and go to University of Washington? If I say I "firmly" accept, its all over for the rest of the schools. If I 'tentatively' accept, will they hate me? The truth is, I want to compare financial aid packages from schools and see who gives me the best deal. I want to tentatively accept in case they decide last minute that they don't want me, and there was a big catastrophic mistake and it was the other cariblil they wanted.

And why can't I find anything about second year out of region people getting in-state tuition for the the second, third, fourth year? (even though I vaguely recollect this info at the interview?)

Help.

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure about the "firmly" vs. "tentatively" accept, but . . .

I would HIGHLY doubt that you would be able to get in-state tuition after a year as a student. At all the state schools I have looked into, if you are a student of any type then you can't gain in-state status.

Congrats on U Washington, if I were you I would grab it and forget the financial packages!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would HIGHLY doubt that you would be able to get in-state tuition after a year as a student. At all the state schools I have looked into, if you are a student of any type then you can't gain in-state status.

OSU gives you in-state tuition after one year. UMDNJ-RWJMS gives you in-state tuition right off the bat if you jump through a few hoops.

OSU gives you in-state tuition after one year. UMDNJ-RWJMS gives you in-state tuition right off the bat if you jump through a few hoops.

sorry, had no idea it was so school dependent

are you kidding take U Washington and run.... they have a GREAT school and cheap tuition

1956GoldTop:
How can you get tired of interviewing? I wish I have that many interviews, or acceptances!!

You have to tell them that you 'firmly' or 'tentatively' accept?? Weirdness! I would just say that you firmly accept their offer for a seat, and keep any applications out there that you are highly interested in. I don't know why you couldn't do both. Maybe withdraw from a few schools that you know you would never pick over Washington, just as a courtesy since you know it wouldn't ever happen that you would go to Podunk State over your acceptance.

I totally understand and agree with holding on to your top choice acceptances to compare financial aid packages. However, if you have pending apps out at places you no longer care about, the 'nice' thing to do is withdraw to give someone else a better shot at landing the seat. Congrats on your acceptance!!!

Some states the only way you can get instate tuition is if you marry someone that has been a resident in that state for more than 12 months....it is very state dependent so just ask the financial aid office at that school

I remember hearing during the interview that after the 1st yaer you get instate tuition even if you have come from oos. I bet the financial aid office at the UW would be able to confirm.

Congrats on the U Wash acceptance! I just got mine last week, and I am also out of state.:banana:

About in state tuition: After one year, we ARE able to get in state tuition. We just have to do a bunch of things, like register to vote, get wash license, and some other stuff. So, cost will be a little less of an issue. :clap::clap:

anyhoo, im a little confused about this tentative vs. firmly accept. if you say tentative, can they then take back their offer? If you firmly accept, is that saying, yes I am absolutely coming here and you cant wait on anywhere else? I ask b/c I am waiting to hear from a couple of UC schools and I dont want to loose consideration there....:confused: