Is it too late? and if not, what were your experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MetalcoreDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm enrolled in CC. My current GPA is 2.95, it was a 3.2 before I got a D on an english course. I still have about 6 more science courses to help boost my GPA. My financial aid was cut this semester so I've had months of time to reflect about my mistakes and finally discovered that I want to be anesthesiologist, which now gives me ton of motivation. I want to spend the rest of my time before the new semester starts studying for MCATS, and pre-med courses before I enroll in them. So my Qs to you guys are:
- Have I messed up too badly already? I am told that when I transfer into another school once I get my associates, i can finish my remaining 2 years @ a 4 year institute with a fresh GPA, but I don't know if I already compromised myself.
- If it isn't too late, I want to start doing research and volunteer work ASAP as I have none under my belt. What were your experiences with clinical and non clinical research? And any tips on how to find them?

I really appreciate any advice any of you give me.

Members don't see this ad.

It's never too late - but your GPA from all college classes will be factored in, even the community college ones.