Is it too late to apply (realistically) now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

impetigo

Anesthesia Resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dumb question, but I'm bored, and if you're reading this you must be bored too. So I've been thinking about applying to programs in a different region than I previously was planning on for my prelim year, but was wondering if it's worth the money to apply if most programs won't have any interview spots left. I think I will though.

Members don't see this ad.

first, go to FRIEDA online and see when the deadlines are for each program that you wish to apply. If you want to apply to more, do it soon. Better to apply than to regret it later. I know that some program give interviews only 2-3 days after submitting an application (assuming it's complete). Someone at my school applied over the weekend and received several interviews on Tues and Wed.

Good luck.

The above post is good advice. I would also call the programs you're thinking of applying to and ASK if they plan on offering any more interviews. It would be a waste of money to apply to places that already have their calendars full.

Amy said:
The above post is good advice. I would also call the programs you're thinking of applying to and ASK if they plan on offering any more interviews. It would be a waste of money to apply to places that already have their calendars full.

That's a good point. I actually ended applying to a bunch of CA prelim positions and already got an email from one program saying that they weren't going to offer any more interviews since they already offered 300 for 2 spots (!!). Thanks for the input.