Mar 9, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys, I am thinking about applying to few DO schools in addition to MD schools, and was wondering if it is too late to apply to DO schools now. Thanks :cool:

DrWily

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Well its certainly not "early" but you have decent stats, so I can see you getting an interview somewhere. Might wanna get on the ball because it will take you a month+ to get transcripts in and verified.

3rd time applicant, just do it. Why haven't you applied D.O. in years past?

Mar 9, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Well its certainly not "early" but you have decent stats, so I can see you getting an interview somewhere. Might wanna get on the ball because it will take you a month+ to get transcripts in and verified.

3rd time applicant, just do it. Why haven't you applied D.O. in years past?
So transcripts and LOR takes a month even though I have them all ready? That's a long turnaround, but yea, 3rd time so that ain't stopping me.
I didn't apply to DO schools in the past because I didn't know about them too well and wasn't really sure what I was up against. A friend of mine explained to me and I did some research today and it seems like a good option; plus, my stats might be competitive in DO schools so I am definitely thinking about applying now.

About the Ads

DrWily

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
So transcripts and LOR takes a month even though I have them all ready? That's a long turnaround, but yea, 3rd time so that ain't stopping me.
I didn't apply to DO schools in the past because I didn't know about them too well and wasn't really sure what I was up against. A friend of mine explained to me and I did some research today and it seems like a good option; plus, my stats might be competitive in DO schools so I am definitely thinking about applying now.

Yea, a month to get verified when you submit your primary application in to AACOMAS. Cycle's been open since June 1st, and it took me one month to get verified (6/28 submitted, 7/25 verified). You don't need to submit your LORs to AACOMAS; you submit them to each individual school with your secondaries.

MedMusclez

Ninja
Nov 29, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

Hey Ppap!

I think with your stats you would have an excellent shot at getting into DO schools this late in the game. I am quite curious as to why you have not gotten any interview invites in the previous two years however. Do you have any extenuating circumstances surrounding your application which might raise red flags? You don't have to tell me what they are if you do, I'm only curious. It seems rather odd that you would not get a single interview invite with an excellent MCAT score and a close to average GPA.

In any case, good luck with your applications! :thumbup:

Aug 31, 2011
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Bottom line.

If your persistent, consistent and insistent, there is a school for you. 50 states your bond to get in.

TriagePreMed

Membership Revoked
Removed
Apr 28, 2010
Status (Visible)
Hope you know there has to be something wrong with your applications to have 0 interviews in 2 cycles like that.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.