Is it too late to apply to DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ppappui

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am thinking about applying to few DO schools in addition to MD schools, and was wondering if it is too late to apply to DO schools now. Thanks :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Well its certainly not "early" but you have decent stats, so I can see you getting an interview somewhere. Might wanna get on the ball because it will take you a month+ to get transcripts in and verified.

3rd time applicant, just do it. Why haven't you applied D.O. in years past?

Well its certainly not "early" but you have decent stats, so I can see you getting an interview somewhere. Might wanna get on the ball because it will take you a month+ to get transcripts in and verified.

3rd time applicant, just do it. Why haven't you applied D.O. in years past?
So transcripts and LOR takes a month even though I have them all ready? That's a long turnaround, but yea, 3rd time so that ain't stopping me.
I didn't apply to DO schools in the past because I didn't know about them too well and wasn't really sure what I was up against. A friend of mine explained to me and I did some research today and it seems like a good option; plus, my stats might be competitive in DO schools so I am definitely thinking about applying now.

Members don't see this ad :)
So transcripts and LOR takes a month even though I have them all ready? That's a long turnaround, but yea, 3rd time so that ain't stopping me.
I didn't apply to DO schools in the past because I didn't know about them too well and wasn't really sure what I was up against. A friend of mine explained to me and I did some research today and it seems like a good option; plus, my stats might be competitive in DO schools so I am definitely thinking about applying now.

Yea, a month to get verified when you submit your primary application in to AACOMAS. Cycle's been open since June 1st, and it took me one month to get verified (6/28 submitted, 7/25 verified). You don't need to submit your LORs to AACOMAS; you submit them to each individual school with your secondaries.

Hey Ppap!

I think with your stats you would have an excellent shot at getting into DO schools this late in the game. I am quite curious as to why you have not gotten any interview invites in the previous two years however. Do you have any extenuating circumstances surrounding your application which might raise red flags? You don't have to tell me what they are if you do, I'm only curious. It seems rather odd that you would not get a single interview invite with an excellent MCAT score and a close to average GPA.

In any case, good luck with your applications! :thumbup:

Bottom line.

If your persistent, consistent and insistent, there is a school for you. 50 states your bond to get in.

Hope you know there has to be something wrong with your applications to have 0 interviews in 2 cycles like that.