-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Is it too late to apply with my stats??
Started by EarthWindFire
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Vancouver Canada unfortunately
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I get rid of TCOM and Rowan ?
Vancouver Canada unfortunately
Apply to DO schools that accept internationals/Canadians. Take off TCOM and RowanSOM
Do you know if TouroCOM-NY is both TouroCOM-Manhattan and TouroCOM-Harlem on AACOM? Because I don't see those two on the application
I would look into adding ARCOM or BCOM to your list. They are newer schools, and may be more willing interview you if you have a good story to tell. I'm not sure how they view international students though, so I would research that.
That is the good thing about ARCOM! The secondary is background info, and no essays! It was beautiful.I believe TOUroCOM-NY represents both campuses. You need to submit your primary app ASAP and also have a fast turnover of your secondaries. You are applying close to Thanksgiving which is pretty late for the DO cycle. This is going to be tough.
That is the good thing about ARCOM! The secondary is background info, and no essays! It was beautiful.
That's great. I will definitely apply there in the 2019-2020 cycle. Thanks.
Just as an addendum, some schools are known to change their secondaries from year to year. So I don't know if it will be the same next year, they might add essays. Hopefully not, but you never know.That's great. I will definitely apply there in the 2019-2020 cycle. Thanks.
TCOM’s deadline was September 29. Are the others still accepting applications? Just because it’s so late in the year, what about waiting until next year’s cycle?Should I get rid of TCOM and Rowan ?
I was considering doing that but if I could get in for 2018 I'd rather do that. However, I definitely do see the merit in waiting since my application would be stronger come May 2018 and I may be wasting a couple hundred dollars applying.TCOM’s deadline was September 29. Are the others still accepting applications? Just because it’s so late in the year, what about waiting until next year’s cycle?
Are there any other schools you all think I should add or cut. Please give reasons why if you can, of the schools I listed they all seem to accept Canadians
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait until next year - there is a chance that you will get interviews/acceptances applying now, but with your current MCAT score (without knowing what the rewrite will be) the chances are not great. If you apply this cycle and don't get in, it only gets harder the second time around as most schools ask if you are a re-applicant. It will save you money to only apply once with a better MCAT and an earlier application. Also, in the interim you can get more clinical hours, which always helps!
Not to be that guy.... but man, you are an INTERNATIONAL applicant with a 496 MCAT.... and a below average GPA... and you are applying in NOVEMBER. The schools mentioned (ARCOM and BCOM) do not even take internationals. My advice: Do not apply this year. Take the year off, study for the MCAT, and kill it (most Canadians need a 505 minimum, however with your GPA, I would shoot higher). With a score of <500, I would assume you do not have the basic sciences down pat. Work on that. Get your MCAT much much higher, and then go for it with all you've got. I too am a Canadian. I have applied 3 times (and now have acceptances at some of the top DO schools). I know the cycle and how it works. This isn't something you throw together last minute.
As above, definitely throw out the Touros, AZCOM, CCOM and UNECOM. Applying at this point with a 496 is a bigger hindrance as opposed to focusing on doing better on the rewrite and applying next cycle. Think carefully, its a marathon, not a sprint.
I wouldn't tag myself as a re-applicant by applying this cycle.
Wait, do well on the MCAT (505+), and then apply next May/June.
Wait, do well on the MCAT (505+), and then apply next May/June.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 19
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 18
- Views
- 4K