Is it too late to apply???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeeDee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it too late to apply to US Dent schools or do I still have some time? If so, how much time do I have? I was thinking about Tufts or Case Western, or any other ones you guys might recommend to Canadian students.

Another question...would it be possible to defer an acceptance at a US school for a year, or are deferrals just not possible there? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

It is definitely not too late to apply to dental schools...I've heard of people applying all the way up to October and sliding in somewhere. However, I would try to get your application in before the end of August.

Racerdude

If I got my application in before October, is it ok that I'm writing my DAT in November? Would it still be accepted? If not, I still have 2 other DAT scores under my belt anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since I know your stats from previous posts I think you would have a good chance even if you apply in October, but I would aim to get it in before the end of the summer at the latest. It is okay that you will be writing the DAT after you apply, it takes AADSAS ~6 weeks to process your application. You will be getting your DAT scores in mid to late Dec. and you can just forward that to AADSAS at that time.

I applied in early Feb. last year and I got accepted and my stats are somewhat similar to yours, so you are definitely not to late.

February???

Wow, that is a record... :D