is it too late to start my application process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheFootDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum. I am interested in applying to Podiatry programs and I was wondering if it's too late to start my application.

I am aware that there are priority deadlines (April) in some schools but I don't think I can make it. So I will be applying to programs with the June/July deadline in sight.

At this point I have to start my application from scratch. Procuring LORs will be the most time consuming task (can take anywhere from 5~6 wks). I will also start to shadow a podiatrist next week.

So, the ultimate questions is,

Will I still be competitive for an admission for Fall 2011?

my gpa and mcat score is avg.

Members don't see this ad.

- It is not too late, but I would shadow a Pod before even making a real decision on applying. You might hate it or love it, but it will only make more sense to apply or not to apply after you learned more about a future life long career that you could potentially be investing in.
- I don't think you are putting yourself in the best scenario to apply in June/July for a August 2011 acceptance. Why not earlier? Why not 2012? It just sounds like you are rushing this, and that is not what you want to do. I could be wrong, just my opinion.
- Good Luck.

It's early! I hadn't even heard of podiatry until June and started end of August.