Is it too late to submit in Mid-November?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mango107

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't originally plan to apply DO though I changed my mind two months ago and sent in my transcripts and MCAT scores to AACOMAS, so all I have to do is paste my essay in and hit submit. My mental health has been suffering through this process and the pandemic so I've put it aside, but ultimately I want to matriculate 2021 and not stress about applying again.

I've only gotten 1 MD II and think I would be more in range for DO. Would I be wasting my $500 if I submitted my primary within the next few days?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't originally plan to apply DO though I changed my mind two months ago and sent in my transcripts and MCAT scores to AACOMAS, so all I have to do is paste my essay in and hit submit. My mental health has been suffering through this process and the pandemic so I've put it aside, but ultimately I want to matriculate 2021 and not stress about applying again.

I've only gotten 1 MD II and think I would be more in range for DO. Would I be wasting my $500 if I submitted my primary within the next few days?
Nope, but hurry!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just for some inspiration, I submitted this time of year and was accepted to my top choice. I had average stats. Only downside, I was accepted a week before classes started so I had already begun applying to the next year's cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for all of your replies! I'll go and submit ASAP

The DO schools I've been accepted to all have deposit deadlines mid-December. My guess is if you hurry and apply now, you might have some luck with interviews around the new year because ultimately they will have slots open up from people who decide to withdraw. I feel bad because I've been working full-time with lots of other stuff going on and haven't had time to write e-mails thanking the schools I've decided against so they can release those spots for other applicants, and my guess is many others are in the same boat. So you should see movement after mid-Dec if you get your stuff in ASAP - secondaries can take a few days to a few weeks to come back, and then review and interview selection, probably a month total process, so act now. My speculation at least. Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user